Monday, November 2, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "Tofu for Days" Edition.....


This photo is for Jen G.  She has numerous times complained about not being able to find tofu/seitan(she's vegan)during this pandemic.  My Walmart is well stocked and she would love going to the specialty discounter I often frequent as well.  We went there on Saturday and they had at least 8 types of tofu/seitan(and at discount prices as that is what they do)and one type was even BOGO.(And I fogot to take a picture that day.)  
So come move here Jen G! ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.....

1. Sunday--Broiled Salmon, Veggie Medley(Hubs also had mac and cheese)
2. Monday--Homemade Soup
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala, Veg. TBD, Mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Liver and Onions, leftover Mashed Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts
5. Thursday--Subway Sandwiches
6. Friday--Roasted Chicken w/Veggies
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Fend For Yourself

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Broiled Salmon, Veggie Medley(Hubs also had mac and cheese)
2. Monday--Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwich
3. Tuesday--Chicken Marsala, Mixed Veggies, Mashed Potatoes
4. Wednesday--Subway Sandwiches
5. Thursday--Applebee's Salad for Lunch, Fend for Yourself for Dinner
6. Friday--Roasted Chicken w/Roasted Veggies, boxed Stuffing(for Hubs and Ex-CB)
7. Saturday--Rigatoni w/Meat and Mushroom Sauce, Salad

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.  

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 lb. Butter
That's it!

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
Salmon
* Chicken Breast
* Whole Roaster Chicken
* 2 boxes of Veggies

We spent $100.26 last week(CVS, Malacari's produce, Ollies, then a bit more at P and R Discounters and a pantry stock-up at Ocean State Job Lot), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods Grand Total to $348.81 for October.
I wasn't on track to spend that much last week(less than half of that)but Ocean State Job Lot had an anniversary deal that you got 40% of whatever you spent that week on a gift card for that store.  I spent $52.01 on various shelf stable goods(EVOO, Kalmata olives, canned veggies, assorted spices, coffee, tea, etc.)so I got a $20.80 gift card I can use on more "free" food there.  I figured what the heck since I was going to be under budget on grocery shopping for October so why not take advantage of that deal. ;-)

While October is finished, there are 28 shopping days left in November.  

I've earned $131.88 on Ibotta in October. 
I've earned $5.00 on SavingStar in October.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal
I've earned 816 points from food shopping on Fetch in October.(It's a bit more as I am behind on submitting some R-A receipts.)
I've earned 10 points from food shopping on ShopKick in October.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in October.

My savings percentage for last week was 52.83%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for October and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 49.27%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....lots of chicken pieces picked off the roaster, a lot of roasted veggies still, and some Marsala sauce w/mushrooms(no chicken or taters left).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger on Bun w/Lett./Tom
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings using leftover chicken
3. Tuesday--? no clue, working the polls
4. Wednesday--Taco salad or Tacos
5. Thursday--something easy or whatever Hubs makes
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Chili w/leftover taco filling? for Hubs(I'll FFY)

What needs buying for this menu? 
I went to Weis(PMITA)on Sunday and got a big pack of Ground Beef already which will make three appearances this week. The Roasted Chicken from last Friday will reappear in Chicken and Dumplings(plus the leftover roasted carrots will go into that).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. We got to do an Aldi pickup last week since they started doing that, so we were very happy about that. Your menu sounds good, especially the broiled salmon, which is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I think you have tofu because it’s too expensive. It’s $1.79 when not on sale at Kroger and $1.44 at Walmart regular price here. Tofutti cream cheese is the new hot commodity that can’t be found anywhere lately. I bought a bunch of raw cashews so I’ll be making cashew cheese instead.

    Not much of a plan this week. I’ve already made a bunch of white bean soup and I have mushrooms and zucchini to use. That will most likely end up in a pot of Indian food.

    We picked up 640 pounds of bulk cat litter yesterday so we’re all set for whatever crazy business occurs. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week was right no schedule until Sunday but I guess that is the beginning of a new week/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.