Friday, November 20, 2020

Frugal Friday.......the November 20th Edition

 Here's what passed to frugal around Chez Sluggy this past week.  This one is a short list.

*  I went to Weis(PMITA)on Saturday as they were having their Holiday Sampling day.  That's where they put out samples of their Holiday platters of food and other special items they bake up to sell for Christmas.

With Covid all the samples were individually wrapped/bagged/put in plastic cups with lids and you had to take them home to eat them.  There was an employee at the door to greet you and give you a reusable shopping bag to cart your samples home in.  I think I was the only customer to see the irony in giving everyone a shopping bag since Weis doesn't allow you to bring your own bags to put your groceries in since Covid. lol
The samples were much less than last year and a disappointing lot at that so I didn't cart much home in that free bag.

*  I hit CVS this week to spend expiring ECBs.......

Ended up with $5.29 OOP.
I hit R-A too........
Paid with Bonus Cash and grew it by $2.65.  A much better trip than the CVS one IMHO.

*  I found money!


It was the week of the dimes last week! 
Each dime was found at a different store on a different day but I can't see to locate my files on the computer for them as I KNOW I took photos of each one so this photo of all 3 at once will have to suffice.
On Nov.14th, Saturday, the first dime was found at Rite-Aid, on Monday, the 16th, the middle dime was found under the self-checkout at Walmart we used and the last dime was found on Tuesday, the 17th, at Weis(PMITA)Markets in the middle of the floor where the self-checkouts are located.


On Wednesday, Nov. 18th I found this penny in front of the counter at Rite-Aid.

Total Found $ This Week.... .31¢
Total Found $ So Far This Year....$51.25

*  Other than a trip to CVS, a trip to R-A, a trip to Walmart and a trip toWeis to finish off my $10 Ibotta Bonus(still need 2 items I'm picking up today at Weis) I've stayed home working on two projects for Monday.  I've been going through the toiletries/food stockpile for my usual Holiday time donation to the local Food Bank and in addition I'm gathering a load to take to the local American Legion as they are asking for donations for the troops overseas.  Both are time sensitive so that's taken up most of my free time this past week.  I feel privileged and grateful to be in a position to help both. 8-)

That's about it from here this week.


Any frugal wins at your house this past week?
Let us know all about them so we can celebrate your wins too!


Sluggy


7 comments:

  1. This was a dime week for me, too, finding two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope to find frugal shampoo, conditioner and soap in the next month. Supplies are getting very low in house

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pizza coupon expired on the 16th instead of the 18th so I skipped that purchase. I made a giant pot of spaghetti and meatballs and we’ve been eating that for several days now. Sick of it but only about two servings left.

    I haven’t been to the grocery store in two weeks so we’ll venture out this weekend. Students are gone until February so maybe it won’t be bad.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always something to complain about right slug?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surpisd=ed the store even bothered with samples. Seems a bit of a waste of plastic-oh well, marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great on the found money I still think it is becasue you are closer to the ground than me. *snort* not many people I can say that to. Also great that you are blessing others with your stock pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still enjoy hearing about your finds of coins.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.