Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Food Spending 2020.........the October Report

   Onward to October's food spending report.....




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for OCTOBER 2020.

I have posted October's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in October.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2 at home this month, sometimes feeding 3). 
*****************

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $12.78
Value  $36.91
Savings 65.37 % 

CVS
OOP  .23¢
Qs/Ads/ECBucks $50.24
Value  $50.47
Savings 99.54 %

MALACARI'S
OOP  $9.68
Value  $15.95
Savings  39.31%

OCEAN STATE
OOP  $52.01
Value  $67.47
Savings  22.91% 
(plus earned a $20.80 gift card)

OLLIE'S
OOP  $2.83
Value  $6.49
Savings  56.39% 

PandR OUTLET
OOP  $35.51
Value  $72.17
Savings  50.80%


RITE-AID *
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/GCard  $384.80
Value  $384.80
Savings  100%

TARGET
OOP  $0.00
Gift Card $25.80
Value  $38.93
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKET
OOP   $4.87
Value  $4.87
Savings  0%

WALMART
OOP  $72.06
Value  $114.03
Savings 36.81%

WEIS
OOP  $158.91
Qs/Ads  $121.42
Value  $280.33
Savings  43.41%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, Target at 100% and CVS at 99.54% .   My worst savings rate was at Shursave with 0.00%(Hubs shop when I was in the hospital.lol).  Lots of great savings rates this month!

I shopped at 11 different stores in October.  Lots of little shops except for R-A, Weis and Walmart.
I also earned $136.88 in cash rebates in October(Ibotta/SavingStar/Checkout51)which helps offset the spending once I cash those in at the end of 2020.


TOTAL Spent(without R-A)...................$348.88
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales................$338.74
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$687.62
TOTAL Savings of ................................49.26%

Add in the Rite-Aid purchases and we get.........

TOTAL Spent........................................$348.88
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales................$723.54
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$1072.42
TOTAL Savings of ................................67.47%

This closes out the October food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....We were going to have company in October(which didn't happen due to the hospitalization)but we still went on a short trip.  Not being able to grocery shop for a bit and then using some of that food budget that didn't get used while I was healing kept us well under budget.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 2.41% in October 2020 to 67.47% compared to the September 2020 rate of 69.88% savings average.  Still in a good savings rate place though.

With 10 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $3,854.64 on food/toiletries in 2020.

Once I add in all my rebates/refunds/post coupon/found money pots into the grocery spending category I do still have a fighting change to stay under $4K spent.  The next 2 months will determine if this goal becomes a reality.


2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$3,854.64
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$11,657.48
2020 Grand Total Saved...............................$7,802.84
2020 Yearly Savings Total............66.93%

The average per month amount spent is $385.46 at this point in 2020 which went down some from September's average.  As long as I'm around $400 per month with 3(now 2 but we feed EX-CB sometimes)people in the house, it's all good.  While it's just Hubs and I now I will also be supplementing Ex-College Boy's food needs for awhile to come.

LOOKING AHEAD To November 2020...........I'll still try to use up some "old dogs".  As for Thanksgiving, I "think" I have a turkey in the bottom of the chest freezer already(it's been awhile since I've dug down that deep)which is good since I won't be spending enough this month to get any free/discount turkey deals at my stores.  Not sure were the spending will ultimately land in November as I don't plan on stocking up for Turkey Day.  We'll have between 5-8 here for the day depending on what Eldest/His GF and Ex-CB's roommate decide to do about their invites.


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in October?  Are you happy with that amount and did you get good value for your money?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I've been lumping so many categories together, I have no idea wha tis grocery, entertainment or household. I'm just trying to not be wasteful-that i my strategy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.