Sunday, November 29, 2020

Frugal Friday......the November 27th Edition on Sunday

  Here's what passed to frugal around Chez Sluggy this past week.  Let's get to it!

*  I forgot to mention that I got this the previous week at the Freeosk in Walmart....


A Twinings tea bag. rah.  I generally hit the Freeosk when we go there but 95% of the time it's out of samples.  I got lucky that week. lolz

*  I hit CVS this week to spend ECBs on Saturday and get some freebies.....


After paying for the gift card(and earning $25 ECB)I ended up with $3.87 OOP and I have over $45 in ECBs now.

I hit R-A too........once on the 24th and then over and over again during the 3 day Black Friday sale.  More on that in it's own post later this week.

*  I had a $5 off $25 RA Q I used on Tuesday.  Forgot to use a Q so got this as a "post coupon" on Wednesday......



*  The Coupons dotcom the app had 2 rebates when you bought Jet-Puff marshmallows and another for Cool Whip, one was for $2.50 the other for $2.00.  I bought both items at the restaurant supply store(not sure they'd honor the offer since it wasn't a "grocery" store)and I got the $4.50 in rebates on Thanksgiving day.  Both items combined cost me $2.49 OOP so a nice moneymaker.  The marshmallows are being saved for Wintertime cocoa drinking not for sweet potato casserole since we don't make that dish and if we did we wouldn't put marshmallows on it. ;-)

*  On Tuesday this arrived in the mail....


My CareGiver/Spend $25 Get a $10 prepaid Card.  Of course I didn't actually "spend" $25 since I got everything at Rite-Aid to qualify for this. ;-)

*  I got 2 freebies at Weis this past week.  I had over 500 reward points so I used 400 to get a free family sized Lasagna and then 100 to get a turkey breast at a discounted rate(.49¢ a lb.? I don't remember.).  You earn 1 point for every $ you spend there on groceries and such OR you can do a survey every 7 days and earn 100 points at a pop.  You know me so you know I did 3 surveys in November so 300 of my 500+ points were earned from surveys not spending money.  Score!
BTW-the lasagna was pretty bland so we'll jazz it up when I serve it as a leftover.  The turkey breast went into the freezer for later this Winter.

*  I've been getting very cheap cheese blocks this month at Weis(PMITA)Markets.



They've been running a special if you buy at least 2 packages of Cracker Barrel you get them for $2 a block.  Ibotta has had an offer most of the month for a $1.50 rebate on each Cracker Barrel block(limit 5 offers until it resets).  That makes each block of cheese .50¢ after sale and rebate.
It reset again so I'll run to Weis later today and get 5 more blocks. Now I have to figure out some meals using all this cheese. ;-)

*  My doctor recommended that I get a new BiPAP machine since mine is 7 years old.  Since I've hit my insurance deductible for the year and my DME company wrote it as a purchase and not a rental I got a new machine and the insurance company paid for it in full.  Nothing out of pocket on my end.  This machine goes for over $1800 so I was stoked about that.

*  I found money!

On Nov. 23nd I found a penny in front of the register counter at Rite-Aid.  My friend there, the Assistant Manager said there's a stack of change someone left outside on the ledge of the building under a window.  Went outside and found that .12¢ too!

That made .13¢ for the day/stop.

I hit the jackpot on Nov. 24th at Aldi.  I don't know but maybe everyone was in such a hurry with Thanksgiving shopping that they didn't take their quarters out of the cart slots when they returned their carts.  And these were carts deep in the line of carts(10 carts in or so), not ones left loose at the end or near the line of returned carts for someone to snag without using a quarter.

If last week was the Week of Dimes, this week's theme is the Week of Quarters. ;-)

Then when I went back in to get a refund on the 2 butters I was overcharged for(limit was 6 so no way I bought 8 but the receipt said I paid for 8), I found a dime on the floor while I waited for the Manager to come out and take care of the mistake.

Later that same day I found a nickel at Rite-Aid......


I opened my car door and it was sitting there in the parking lot.

Total Found $ This Week....$1.28
Total Found $ So Far This Year....$52.53

*  We hit the restaurant supply store on the 24th.  They had these cans of Libby brand pumpkin(the size that makes 2 pies)for $2.99.  Not a great price.


So we bought one of these #10 cans of pumpkin instead(between the creamed corn and the pumpkin pie spice blend to the right of the photo).....


For just $1 more($3.99)I got enough pulp to make 4 pumpkin pies and that only used half of the can!  I divided up the rest of the can into two Ziploc baggies and put them into the freezer for Christmas or whenever.
8 pies for $3.99 vs. 2 pies for $2.99 will win in my book every time. 8-)

That's about it from here this week.


Any frugal wins at your house this past week?
Let us know all about them so we can celebrate your wins too!


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. We would use the leftover pumpkin in bread or cake, which I make (or used to make) often to take into the office. The bread was my kids care package favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my free flu shot on Friday and that was it for the weekend. Fever and chills the first night and then slept the rest of the time. Finally awake just in time to return to work. 😒 I’m still in the same pajamas from Friday but plan to take a bath and put on clean ones tonight.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question about the freeosk. I used to use the Walmart app to scan but it suddenly won’t work for me. Do you still use the Walmart app or something different? JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I use the walmart app on my smartphone. Or maybe try uninstalling the app and re-installing it? The CVS app wouldn't work on my phone for about a month and then it suddenly worked again so maybe it's them not you. lol
      My issue with Freeosks is they never seem to have samples anymore when I hit one up.
      Good luck.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.