Thursday, November 12, 2020

CVS Again....Didn't Hate This Trip

 So after earning a $3 Beauty Buck ECB I had a grand total of $27 in ECBS as well as a metric shit ton of CRTs expiring 11/11/20 so I was compelled to go to CVS and bring stuff home with me for as close to free as possible.  This is always a crapshoot for me, the getting it as close to having to pay Zero OOP at CVS.

But I got to say that I did surprisingly well on this trip with a low OOP after sale prices/coupons/ECBs used.
I was trying to get to $60 overall before any discounts as I got a $8 off wys $60 CRT along with all my other CRTS/Qs.  Of course I "wanted" to do the Babo toilet paper deal as well, but do you think CVS would give me a CRT/Q for that? Of course not!

I made a sort of plan but then I had to punt once I got into the store as they were out of some items in the plan.

Here is what I ended up with......



3 x Pantene on sale=$12.00
1 x Tide pods on sale=$4.94
2 x Oral-B toothbrush on sale=$5.98
2 x Crest toothpaste on sale=$9.98
1 x Cheerios yellow box on sale=$2.99
*The above qualifed for the $10ECB  wys $30 Deal*
2 x Head and Shoulders on sale=$12.00
1 x Maybelline Baby Lips=$4.79 *part of Maybelline Deal*
1 x Maybelline Eyeliner=$7.29 *Ditto*
2 x Cover Girl brow pencils=$12.98 *part of Cover Girl Deal*
SubTotal.........$72.95

I had $51.36 in CRTs, 2 x $2/1 Cover Girl ManuQs so $55.36 in discounts(a $1/1 Q reduced to .86¢)and the register used $18 of my $27 in ECBS(a $5 ECB was reduced to $4.59 because I had no more total to use it against). $49.06 of what I "spent" counted toward more Beauty Bucks so I already got a $3 in Beauty Bucks in my account but it expires 11/17, in FIVE days!? wtf.  I only need $5+ to earn an additional Beauty Buck too.

Total paid OOP was .03¢ in sales tax.

I earned back $21 in new ECBs($10 wys $30, $6 wyb2 Cover Girl, $5 wys $12 on Maybelline)and I still have $9 in old ECBs plus the $3 Beauty Buck so I'm at $33 in ECBS after all this.

I'll need to go back next week to use a $3 ECB and a $3 Beauty Buck.

Do you get the CRTs you want at CVS?

Sluggy





6 comments:

  1. What's a CRT? LOL. No, I occasionally pair Extra bucks with the coupon, and that's about as good as it gets for me. The win is that the store is almost empty all the time and I don't feel a need to dodge people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is amazing!!!
    CVS makes my brain hurt trying to do deals there. So I just try to roll small ecbs for stuff I need. And no, I don't get good coupons but they give me plenty of depends and poise coupons for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. I have never gotten under a dollar so there is still hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, you beat them this time!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.