Sunday, November 8, 2020

Free Thanksgiving Offer on Ibotta

 If you've been on your Ibotta account lately you've seen the Thanksgiving Freebies offered at Walmart.

I believe there are 9 items that if purchased at Walmart that Ibotta will give you enough in rebates on those items to make them free(or a slight moneymaker depending on the pricing at your particular store).

I went on Friday after I received a $5 Wishbone Bonus as well in my account for the weekend, and bought these 12 items(12 items to qualify for that Bonus)....

1 x Campbell's Mushroom soup
1 x GV cranberry sauce
1 x GV turkey stuffing mix
1 x 2 Ltr Coke product
1 x Butterball turkey breast product
1 x Idahoan lrg mashed potato bag
1 x McCormick gravy packet
These were all the freebies my store had, they were out of the green beans and the smaller container of French's onions.  My store also only had smoked Butterball breasts not regular ones but we can slice it up for sandwiches.  I bought the smallest one but it was still $2.13 more than the rebate amount of $9.98.
I also bought...
2 x Powerade sugar-free
1 x Oikos drink
1 x Fage sour cream
2 x Swanson canned chicken broth
1 x Eco Mongo vanilla honey lip balm(a freebie after rebate but my store's price was .50¢ higher)

Total spent OOP was $28.44.
Ibotta rebates earned came to $28.40($23.40 reg. rebates+ $5 Bonus)so all the above "cost" me .04¢.
Nice.  A moneymaker would have been nicer if they weren't out of 3 other items I would have chosen instead of 3 of these but I'll take a .04¢ shopping trip. 8-)

It will all get used between Hubs and I, Ex-College Boy and his roommate and the Food Bank.
If I am in the vicinity of Walmart again before these rebates disappear I'll look for the frozen green beans and the French's onions again.

If you aren't using Ibotta, now would be a good time to sign up.  My referral code is mkaaxa if you care to use that.
You will also need a Paypal or Venmo account as well to cash out your Ibotta rebate monies.

Sluggy


4 comments:

  1. I love free stuff but no way am I going back to our Wal-Mart. It’s always been kind of bad but worse last time I went. Unmasked and coughing people all over despite the “rules.”

    That mink virus mutation has me more paranoid than usual. I might make a final trip out tomorrow and then start our personal lockdown.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This offer was a complete disaster and I came away with nothing. I wish I had not wasted my time on it. (Not form your post.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried Ibotta 3 times. Never got a dime from them always said wrong size even though the everything matched the size they had listed. Our Walmart said it's because codes are changed based on areas and Ibotta codes don't always match their codes. I don't buy a lot of premade stuff either so that probably doesn't do good.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.