Monday, July 15, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Morning Glory" Edition................


Last week saw the first morning glory flower arrive in my garden patch.  The next day we were up to 5 flowers blooming.  Today I can't even count the number of blooms as they have exploded into color out back.
The return of the morning glories always makes me happy.  Now if I can keep Chester and the Japanese Beetles off of the leaves.....ugh!

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Caesar Salad
2. Monday--Leftovers, Spinach Souffle
3. Tuesday--Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potato Wedges
5. Thursday--Hot Dogs on Buns(or not), Pasta/Veggie Salad
6. Friday--Risotto w/Chicken and Veggies
7. Saturday--Leftovers
And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Caesar Salad
2. Monday--Fish, Cole Slaw, French Fries
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm(I had leftover meatloaf), Spinach Souffle
4. Wednesday--Chicken Fajitas
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out(too sick to cook)
6. Friday--Fend For Yourself
7. Saturday--Beef Pie

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers/ffy, and 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out. 

Some stuff planned was cooked/eaten.  The Risotto and Hot Dogs didn't happen.  Might happen this week.  I had lots of haddock leftover and planned that another night(or two)but then Ex-CB took it out of the fridge to get to something else and left it sitting on the chest freezer all night(sigh)and then my back got out of whack so the plan went out the window toward the end of the week.

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 1.5 lbs. of Haddock
* 2 lbs. of Flounder
* 2 bags of Green Beans

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* 1 huge Chicken Breast
* 2 hand fulls of Red Bell Pepper Strips
* 1 Spinach Souffle
* Breaded Chicken Patties
* 1 bag of Green Beans

About the same amount got used from the freezer as got put in there last week so we didn't make any space in there last week.

A small trip to the Shursave Market($9.36), cherry picking the deals at Weis($14.87), a rare trip to Price Chopper($41.01)for 5 lbs.+ of on sale fish, a few loss leaders and drinks for Ex-CB, and a trip to the produce markets($26.83)for deli meat/produce/.99¢ a pint blueberries,etc., brought the weekly spending to $92.07 and my July total to $132.69 so far.

My savings percentage last week was 42.82%(without Rite-Aid trips)and July's monthly savings total comes in at 55.97%(w/out R-A). 

I have 16 more food shopping/spending days in July.  

Leftovers going into this week......beef pie and chicken fajita mix.
We had a bit of food waste--a spoon or two of pasta/veggie salad and a few chunks of watermelon.  Not being very mobile last week I just couldn't stay on top of things in the fridge. sigh

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chicken Sandwich from BK
2. Monday--Risotto w/Chicken and Mushrooms and/or Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Roast Chicken, Broccoli, Some Carb thing
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--Hot Dogs on Buns(or not), some sides TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 3 new meals cooked, 1 night of leftovers/FFY, and 1 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out and 2 nights of ?.  Company is coming Tuesday and I don't know beyond that evening what we'll have/eat.  After they depart I've got easy stuff Hubs can do if I'm not up to cooking yet.

What needs buying for this menu?
Nothing.  If we do a cook-out while company is here I'll need ground beef for burgers. Other than running out on Wednesday for needs I don't plan on doing much grocery shopping this week(if I am able to).
We did make a run to Big Lots($60.16)over the weekend for the 20% off quarterly sale and that will be reflected in next weeks report.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

6 comments:

  1. I hope t get the two rain checks from the last two weeks for 2 Suddenly Salad and 5 Pict Sweet frozen Brussels Sprouts, both $1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you posting again, hopefully this means you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you feeling? Did you get to see your dr? We are eating light this week; we ate like junk food junkies last week, while our grandson was visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I learn something totally new and
    challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It will always be helpful to read content from other authors and practice something from other web sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering how your appt went. Hopefully since you are posting again, you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your previous post too and I’m so sorry about your pain issue.
    My husband lives with chronic pain and nothing really helps.

    He’s had many surgeries in the last 25 years and used opioids just to get through the first post surgery days, Now, opioids are the devil but what are surgery patients using now? It’s truly hard!

    I hope you are getting relief by now

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.