Wednesday, July 17, 2019

She Lives!

Thank you! for the concern and well wishes from everyone over the last week.
And secondly the ugly troll who doesn't want to listen to me whine can KMFA and don't darken my blog's door.  Find somewhere else to spew your venom thankyouverymuch!




Pain at the ER was about a 8-9(I guess when you are screaming they believe you when you say it hurts!)  After the valium when we left the ER pain dropped to a 4-5.
They did an EKG(all clear), drew blood(nothing bad showed up), and did a CT(showed a tiny gall stone which isn't an issue and a bit of diverticula in the colon, new since my colonoscopy but isn't inflamed or anything) but none of these CT findings have anything to do with these back muscle spasms.  You know I am not well when I can't even fret over the cost of all these tests that did not help diagnosis the current issue. ;-)

The weekend was rough I gotta say.
Being sent home from the ER with an Rx that helped NOT AT ALL!! was rough.   There was a lot of laying in bed(when I could get comfortable-not often), some standing around, some sitting on a heating pad in the recliner and very little sitting at the desk reading blogs but no writing. And a bit of crying when the pain got too bad.  I didn't get up to a 9 over the weekend but we hovered around a 6-7 after being at a 5-6 for 2 weeks beforehand.  Being in that level of pain wears you down after that long and there was no end in sight until Monday.

There may have also been some old pain killer pills popped too when nothing else helped and/or some CBD oil consumed and/or some edibles eaten to relax me but you didn't here it from me. ;-)

Hubs has been having to pull up the slack with shopping(oh how the budget has been blown!), dealing with dogs and anything involving bending and lifting.

And not being able to "do" anything was/is driving me nuts!  There is so much to do and I sit here twiddling my thumbs(well not that since my thumbs ache most of the time).  I can't move my stuff into my new sewing room still even though the new carpet was done a full week ago.....so there is no progress being made on the house basically. ugh.

I was able to stand to go to Big Lots on Saturday after popping a pain pill for my HS flares to do some deals since Hubs drove me.  Hubs went back get get a refund for something that rang up wrong and purchase a new desk for his man cave on Sunday since it was still 20% off everything in the store.

I did end up making and canning a bunch of jam on Sunday as the alternative drugs had me feeling less pain that day.  I had bought 4 pints of blueberries and 7+ lbs. of local peaches two days before the ER visit to can so that had to get done.  At least Hubs could help with the lifting and all for that.

Monday I got in to see the doc(after a 50 min. delay in the waiting room), recounted the last 5 days adventure(ER and beyond)and he prescribed me 2 weeks worth of the muscle relaxer that worked(thank you God!!!).  We talked about seeing a pain manager and then he asked if I've ever had back surgery/back issues before(which was all a no).  Then he had me get an X-ray or two so that meant sitting in the waiting room for another 30 minutes waiting for the gal from radiology to come back from lunch but once she was back they got me right in.
Then it was over to Rite-Aid to pick up the pills.  I went across the road to Burger King for a drink and popped the first pill in the parking lot before driving home.  Driving myself places in this condition really aggravated my back.

My eldest son and his GF are here now for a 3 day visit and I am waiting on the results of the X-rays.

The muscle relaxer is helping but now I am thinking the pain may be spine/connective tissue related or arthritis in my hip?  Last Spring my doc had an x-ray done of my shoulders/neck which showed I have degenerative arthritis in those areas plus I've had arthritis issues with my thumbs for a couple of years now which makes me think these new pains are just some sort of arthritis expanding to other areas.

We'll see what the scans show once they get read and will go from there.

Knowing me, you know it was bad if while in Rite-Aid on Monday waiting for them to fill my pain pill Rx, I saw a penny on the floor and I did not bend over to pick it up!
Yes, Sluggy is on her deathbed if change on the floor cannot get her to pick it up. lolz
I guess I'll have to put a magnet on a string and carry that in my purse from now on.............


I will continue to take any prayers, white light and good wishes I can get. 

Additionally if someone wants to voodoo doll the anonymous troll(who is either very naive or just a  moron who thinks the government has my, as well as all of your, best interests at heart) won't go away that would be awesome too. 
Voodoo doll or if you "know a guy" that would work too. 8-)


Sluggy

21 comments:

  1. If we lived closer or I was not afraid of the police, I could have helped you a lot. I have so many prescriptions for pain or for muscle relaxers that I just won't take because I get too woozy and sleep. Well, if troll does not want to listen to you whine, why did she not just go away. I have pulled a muscle in my back (according to doctor) and have no idea how, not now, but in the past. I screamed a lot and one time just lay in the floor for an hour. I have the utmost sympathy for you. AND, the fact you would not bend for a penny proves you are in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are going through this and happy that you have something that relieves your pain. I am still so mad at that emergency room I could just spit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer Sluggy.....sorry to read all this. I'm sending some pink light your way and hoping the xrays show nothing terrible. As far as the ugly troll is concerned, I do know a guy, but you didn't hear that from me..... ;) Hope you're feeling much better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are doing a bit better! I am all about the self medication :-) Take care and don't over do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are somewhat better! You must be in really bad shape to leave that penny though!
    Also glad your experiment with alternative chemicals helped your back, at least enough to do some canning.
    Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. ,

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh-I am so sorry! Between the weird hundred blog posts clogging my in box and being in chronic tired mode, I am so far behind in blog reading that I did not know this was going on. I'm glad you kept back at it for pain relief-a 9! That's not a way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you, but I'm so sorry for all the pain. You made me feel as if I were about to feel it, too. I hope the meds are doing their job and that you're back to yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! So glad that the pain has abated somewhat and you feel halfway normal.
    Pain is no fun. It makes you feel like you are going crazy and out of your mind.
    I applaud you for taking care of the blueberries and peaches even while in pain...I would probably do the same thing in order not to waste food. lol. We women sure know how to suck it up and work thru it, don't we?
    I hope the x-rays give you some clue as to where the problem is.
    Keep getting better and for God's sake woman...take it easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad it’s becoming manageable! Sending all kinds of white light :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO glad you are finally feeling better!!!! I had to have surgery on both of my thumbs because the arthritis was so bad - I couldn't even hold a plate anymore, much less do my crafting. They go in and actually tae out the bone with all the arthritis - sounds weird but I literally have my life back! Just know there is something they can do if your thumbs get too bad.

    A friend of mine had the back pain too (not as bad as yours got though) and it turns out it was arthritis in her hip, so you might be right on point with that one. I'm going in for my knee replacement on the 8th - - I'm just going to say it....ARTHRITIS SUCKS!!!!

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow! So glad you got a muscle relaxant that might work. Now that cannabis is legal here I actually make my mom oil cookies (chocolate chip) pretty strong which I cut in half and then deliver to her so she can meter them out - this for her fibromyalgia which is just arthritis in a super number of places. It helps, also helps her sleep. For a lady that never even hardly drank her whole life cannabis is a godsend and has improved her standard of living since October. She no longer cooks/bakes much which is why I get the duty (plus I suggested it and am a little fearful she might get the recipe wrong - I am super careful)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I meant to also say that legalization of cannabis means that the oil I order from the government pot site is perfectly safe which is a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You poor thing. I am glad your doctor gave you something that is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your magnet on a stick idea. LOL I'm so glad the dr gave you something that worked. I'm sorry you have a stinky troll too as they suck. They need to go off into some black hole and never return. I hope you continue to feel better and will look for updates on your x rays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been known to take my dog's muscle relaxers.... just saying!! I hope you are better today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just awful. I hope you find some real relief soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found
    this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a
    lot. I am hoping to offer something back and help others like you helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also have issues with lower back spasms and PAIN from time to time. It is no joke! I go to a really good chiropractor and that is the only way that I get relief. Sometimes it takes several treatments but it is so worth it to get relief. Best of luck to you. Penny S.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too am glad to read somethings are better and you are surrounded by Love here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Back pain is no joke. Hubby had lived with it for years. I sure hope they get yours diagnosed and under control. Juts ignore the troll. They are idiots.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.