Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Target Shopping

I decided it was time for a rare trip to Target last Friday.
Basically I had a fist full of gift cards(some free from other Target deals, some from c/c points and one was a discounted gift card I bought last December).

There were two food Qs last week......a get a $5 Gift Card when you spent $15 on beverages and a get a $5 Gift Card when you spent $20 on meat/seafood.
Sounded like this could be a good deal to me!

Here is what I bought........

On the drink deal I got--
3 x Pepsi brand 12-packs
1 x Gatorade 8-pack
2 x Target brand bottled water

Regular prices were 4/$12 Pepsi, $5.29 Gatorade, $3.58 but there was additional 25% off the Pepsi items(Cartwheel)so that's why I bought over $20 instead of $15 worth so I qualified for the $5 gift
card.


On the meat/seafood deal I got--
2 lb. Ground Beef $7.99
3 lb. Ground Turkey $8.99
1.50 lb. Perdue sliced Chicken Breast $7.52
Then Turkey and Chicken each had a $2 discount sticker on them so my $24.50 worth of meat came to $20.50 so I qualified for the $5 gift card.

I also bought a gallon of milk($3.53)and a bag of Doritos for Ex-CB($2).

And this is where the wheels flew off that bus.
I was busy loading and unloading everything from the cart so I wasn't watching the cashier/register fully.

Near the end of the order he scanned and put a Target gift card on the counter for me but I didn't see another $5 gift card for the second deal.  So I mentioned I was suppose to get 2 gift cards(1 for drinks/1 for meat). So he took out an ad, flipped through it and started looking at what I bought on the register screen.  He then said, I'm just going to take $5 off your total as "the Cartwheel was already applied".(In lieu of giving me what I thought was a second $5 gift card.)  Sounded fair to me.

In the end my total was $41.35 with sales tax and I used all my free Target gift cards to pay plus $4.91 of the discounted Target gift card too.  That $4.91 cost me $4.41 w/the discount when I bought the card so I am putting $4.41 OOP in my July food tally for this Target trip spending.

I can never make heads nor tails out of Target's receipts. I've tried before to reconcile them and they are always just off, something under $1.  It is something I have accepted in my life but I still go over the receipts and try to make sense of them. lolz



So I am reading over the receipt and I get down to the store coupons applied and see that the gift card the cashier gave me is for $10 not $5.  He never said, "I've combined the 2 $5 deals and am giving you 1 $10 gift card which contains both", when I questioned getting 2 gift card/doing 2 Target gift card deals.
I double checked online the amount on the gift card and yes, it is $10 not $5.

So it looks like he gave me an extra $5 discount on the bill.  This cashier looked really tired and haggard so I guess instead of talking to me he just wanted me out of his line and gone and just gave me an extra $5 off.
Ok, if that's how it's going down I'm fine with that. 8-)))

Total Savings of $24.12 off regular price according to the receipt and plus the $36.94 paid on free/discounted gift cards gives me a savings of $61.06.

A nice little break from spending our regular income on foodstuffs.

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Better in your pocket then theirs. They make lots of mistakes in their favor every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Target used to issue separate gcs for each deal, but have started combining deals and just add everything to one gc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for you! Sounds like a great deal and I would have taken it and run! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's weird. I've never had them combine gift cards like that. And I'm not positive but I think I have reached the threshold on a deal like that, used coupons and cartwheel to go under and still gotten the GC. But it's been awhile, so I'm kinda hazy on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You think Target's receipts are hard to decipher, try Walmart's. Pretty much every week I have a problem. Either I don't have a clue what the abbreviation on the receipt means, I'm charged twice for something or I'm charged the wrong price. This morning I was charged $10 for a box of Tasty Kake S'mores. I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.