Monday, July 1, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Belated Father's Day" Edition................

Since Father's Day was the day before we left town for a week I didn't make Hubs a cake until this past weekend as Ex-College Boy would have eaten it all before we got home or worse yet, he would had forgotten about it and the cake would have gone stale.

(Bonus points because I waited until a cooler day to bake it off and used off-peak electric rates too.)  ;-)

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--leftover turkey sandwiches
2. Monday--leftover Corned Beef turned into hash, eggs
3. Tuesday--leftover Stuffed Shells, Caesar salad
4. Wednesday--Chili(I'll have something else)
5. Thursday--BLT sandwiches
6. Friday--Grilled Cheese sandwiches, Tossed Salad
7. Saturday--Hot Dogs on buns, Beans, Something Green Veg from the freezer

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--leftover turkey sandwiches
2. Monday--leftover Corned Beef turned into hash, eggs
3. Tuesday--leftover Stuffed Shells, Caesar salad
4. Wednesday--Chili(I had soup)
5. Thursday--Teriyaki Chicken Breast, Corn on cob
6. Friday--Chinese take-out
7. Saturday--Hot Dogs on buns, Beans

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out. 
I was able to use up the leftover corned beef and turn the leftover taco meat into chili.  The remaining stuffed shells(after dinner 1 night)went into the freezer for later.
The grilled cheese sammies didn't happen(Hubs wanted Chinese)and the BLTs did happen but at lunch not dinner.

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* 2 tubs of ice cream(Ex-CB had eaten what was here)
* 4.5 lbs. of B/SCB
* 1 meal of Stuffed Shells in Meat Sauce
* a bag of turkey meat(from the turkey I roasted awhile back)

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* Some hot dogs

A small trip to Ocean State Job Lot($27.35), the Bread Outlet($10.28), Ollie's($4.52), the Shursave Market($12.99), Malacari's Produce($52.15)and Weis($20.49) brought the weekly spending to $127.73 and my June grand total to $335.54.
I didn't plan to spend that much this week but.....
* we were out of fresh fruit totally(having been gone for a week)
* I found a good deal on chicken tenders and B/SCB
* we were out of bread
* OSJL had a great price on seltzer/soda and maple syrup
* I found my fav cream cheese/red pepper spread aat the produce market so loaded up
* I hit a clearance at Weis on kitchen bags
All the above expended my $50 cheap spending week into $125+ in food costs.  Luckily I was waaaay under bueget so far for June so it turned out Aok.

My savings percentage last week was 51.08%(without Rite-Aid trips)and June's monthly savings total comes in at 53.09%(w/out R-A). 

I have 0 more food shopping/spending days in June.  Let the July food games begin! lolz

Leftovers going into this week.....chili.  That's it..

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--tv dinners lurking in the freezer
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Meatloaf, something green, Rice
4. Wednesday--BLTs
5. Thursday--Hamburgers on buns, Pasta/Veggie Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 4 new meals cooked, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY/tv dinners, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

It's not an inspired meal plan but it's something I can put into place and it's highly do-able(read easy).  It empties the freezer a bit(tv dinners bought for Daughter she didn't eat, and a bag of frozen veg)and due to the weather I'll be using the crockpot to cook the meatloaf and the grill or stove top for other foods. (I'll nuke the bacon for BLTs too.)

What needs buying for this menu? I need onions and ground beef(Ex-CB DID find my stash of burgers in the freezer while we were gone so we don't have any burgers for the 4th to grill).
I'll go to Maines restaurant supply on Tuesday to get ground beef and onions after taking Hubs to his eye Dr. appointment as it's just around the corner.

I also plan to hit Target after the 4th and pick up some drinks and meat, figuring the meat may have marked down stickers since they'll be reducing stock on grilling meats and utilizing the Qs for target gift card back on drinks and meats in the weekly ad and using some of my Target gift cards to pay.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

9 comments:

  1. Superb post however I was wanting to know if you could write
    a litte more on this topic? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit
    further. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great sales this weekend for Canada Day on cherries $2.44 a pound which is almost as low as it ever gets here, also icecream was less than half price so I stocked up. Also some cheese products. We are eating well (even though we are over budget) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hosting on the 4th and will do steaks and corn on the cob. Sis is bringing pie, and salad. Keeping is simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that cake looks good. Smart move on waiting till the trip was over to make it.
    I am over celebrating and stuff. I just want to stay in the pool then read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had free corn fresh from a friend's garden... so yummy. I'm going to keep my eye out for after 4th sales, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing exciting here - tonight is garlic/parmesan tilapia, the fourth will probably be hot dogs, and we will be having a LOT of chicken because it was such a great sale last week. I also have some fajita meat in the freezer we should probably eat up. Like you said, nothing exciting but filling and cleans out the freezer a little bit.

    Sue L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last week, I could not shop or cook, so it was fast food for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.