Monday, April 8, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Why is This Here?" Edition....



I've been sorting through photos on my computer and found this random one of booze on a store's shelves.  I can't recall where I took it but it's quite the selection of Boone's Farm flavors and I thought at least Sonya Ann would enjoy seeing it. lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday---Meatloaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
2. Monday-Chicken Queso skillet Casserole, Corn
3. Tuesday--Chicken Sausages, Harvard Beets, Pierogi
4. Wednesday--Birthday Meal Out
5. Thursday--Ravioli, Chicken Parm
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday---Meatloaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
2. Monday--Tuna Noodle Casserole
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Birthday Meal Out
5. Thursday--Ravioli, Chicken Parm, Sugar Snap Peas
6. Friday--Chicken Sausages, Harvard Beets, Pierogi
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of Eating Out/Take-Out.
That Chicken Queso Casserole thing....I just can't seem to pull the trigger on it, can I? lolz  

Everyone seemed to enjoy those chicken sausages so if they go on sale again and I have coupons that will happen again as it's an easy meal that Hubs could do besides boiling pasta in water and opening a jar of sauce. hehehe

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* Pizza Bagels
* Chicken Sausages
* 2 bags of chicken cutlets
* 3 pork loins
* 3 lb. pack of hot dogs

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* Pierogi
* Chicken Sausages
* a bag of chicken cutlets
* a bag of ravioli
* a pack of ground pork
* a pack of ground beef


Two trips to Weis(1 was technically March but am counting it in April)and the food spending last week came to $110.56 and my April total so far to $110.56.
A week in and we are above $100 spending.  This doesn't bode well for a low spend month but we aren't outrageously over target either. 
We aren't going to eldest son's GF family for Easter and I'm not inviting Hubs family over either so we are on our own.  I've got a ham in the freezer we'll do some sort of green veg(which needs buying), deviled eggs(as eggs will be going on sale soon), homemade rolls and the fams favorite mac and cheese.  Easter should be an inexpensive affair this year.

My savings percentage last week was 58%(without Rite-Aid trips)and April's monthly savings total came to 58%(w/out R-A). 

I have 23 more food shopping/spending days in April.

Leftovers going into this week....3 chicken sausages, some sugar snap peas, some cheese ravioli, some Harvard beets.  Not a lot of leftovers so there will be much cooking. 8-)

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday---Pork Chops w/Apricot Glaze, Rice w/Broccoli, Broccoli
2. Monday-Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
3. Tuesday--French Onion Soup
4. Wednesday--Barbecue Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
5. Thursday--Steak, Baked Potatoes, Veg TBD
6. Friday--Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Baked Beans
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 1 night of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu?  I got hot dog/burger rolls, pork chops, Cole slaw mix, salad greens and hot dogs, plus I loaded up on cottage cheese(Qs were expiring and it was on sale as well)last week. We are out of cream cheese plus  Ex-College boy has hit the hot dog/burger rolls hard the last few days so I may need to pick up more of those and as always, the ubiquitous milk. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

2 comments:

  1. For a minute I thought these were the shelves in your garage and you had organized your drinks. I thought boy she has been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic. :-) You did well with your menu. This week's menu looks delicious. I would love to know how you make your apricot glaze. Do you make it from jam? I have a jar of SF apricot jam here that I would love to use so I would love your recipe.

    Tonight we are having barbecued chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.