Friday, April 19, 2019

Frugal Friday.......the April 19th Edition

This week started off as pretty shitty for me but using some frugal mojo I turned it around as we went through the week.

Here's a look at what passed for frugal around here lately............

*  I got all this at CVS........



All but the cosmetics were Zero OOP.


I spent $2.42 of my WAM on the make-up.  Yes, I actually spent some WAM for a change. lolz

*  I got the Weis(PMITA)Markets freebie last Friday........


A bottle of lighter fluid.  This will come in handy in a month or so as we have lots of brush to burn from the yard and I have finally nagged Hubs enough that the big old pile of brush will get lit up soon!

*  I got a few Weis deals this past week......


Ritz crackers were $1.97 per box when you bought at least 2.
Checkout51 had a .75¢ per box cash rebate until this past Wednesday so I got 5 boxes(the limit of the rebate).  My $9.85 purchase cost me $6.10 after my $3.75 rebate. 8-)
We should be stocked up on crackers for a few months now, even with Ex-College Boy being on a cheese and crackers binge lately. ;-)



Weis(PMITA)Markets had their "Buy 6 Items/Get $3 off Instantly" Deal.  I bought 5 Lysol cleaners and a bag of frozen veggies the first time.
$12.49 w/sale prices and $3 off=$9.49.
I also had 5 x .50¢/1 Lysol Qs that doubled to $1 off so $9.49-$5=$4.49 for all 6 of these items.
(Even better there was a coupon to use later on the veggies.) ;-)


I went back to Weis and did 3 x Lysol and 3 x frozen veggies.
$11.97-$3 instantly off=$8.97-$3 in Lysol Qs=$5.97 for all 6 of these items.

*  I used a Weis rain check for Scott tp.  2 weeks back they had 12 pack rolls of this tp for $3.99 on Friday, limit 4, but were out so I got a rain check for it.


Cashed in the rain check this past Friday, 4 packs for $15.96.
Except you should know I'd have Qs for this.....of course!!.....4 x .50¢/1 IPQs that doubled to $1 off each.
A $2/2 Scott items digital Q also came off my loyalty card so I got $6 off and paid $9.96 or $2.49 per pack.  This stuff costs $6.39 regular shelf price at Weis so I am thrilled with this buy especially as it's something we throw away! lolz

*  I also picked up dessert for Easter dinner at Weis from the 50% off Bakery shelves.....

We like these Lyman Orchards Caramel Apple Walnut pies but I don't spend $8 on them, no no no!
I wait until they get a 50% off sticker so they are $4.
And I also used a $1/1 Weis bakery pie Q they snail mailed me so my pie was $3 OOP.
Apple pies are a PITA to make from scratch with my stiff hands and I've got enough cooking to do for Easter already so this is the compromise I make. ;-)


*  After two + weeks of being on a dry spell I found some money!


First a rare find, a $1 coin shoved under the counter at the register at my Rite-Aid sort of wedged into the corner of the candy racks.
And it was sticky and gross but nothing some soap and water once I got home couldn't handle.  I used a cart wipe from R-A to tote it home until I could de-germ the thing. lolz


Then a quarter in WEis(PMITA)Markets over by where they moved the greeting cards to in the store, right out in the open.  Who can't be bothered to pick up a quarter if they drop it?  It's a crazy world I tell ya!!

*  My 2 Rite-Aid Discover Gas Reward Cards finally arrived!


Of course they arrived on two different days rather than both at the same time.  I am just happy they got here and I didn't have to call Corporate. sigh

*  Speaking of Rite-Aid, they emailed me a 30% off coupon good through 4/18 so I bought this earlier this week..........

1 x Colgate mouth wash(30% off coupon)=$3.91
1 x Colgate double toothbrush pack(30% off coupon)=$4.99
1 x Cover Girl clearance mascara=$1.57
SubTotal.......$10.47

I used-
1 x $2/1 Colgate mouth wash ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Colgate toothbrush double pack ManQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Cover Girl eye product ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 In-Ad RA Colgate Q(on select items)=$4.00
Coupon Total........$10.00

$10.47-$10=.47¢ paid for with Bonus Cash

I also needed to use some BC on Daughter's card so I bought this..........

2 x Olay body wash(30% off coupon)=$11.88
I used 2 x $1/1 Olay body wash ManQ=$2.00
$11.88-$2=$9.88 + .59¢ tax=$10.47 paid for with Bonus Cash.
These items qualify for the P&G "Spend $50/Get $15" Rebate running through May.
Plus I LOVE this body wash brand!
I am up to $17.68 toward that $50 spent rebate.


*  Last week I went to Kmart and bought some clothing and earned $10 in Points to spend this week on almost anything in the store.
I decided to get this...........

3 x 12-packs of Mountain Dew for Ex-College Boy.  The Baja Blast flavor is only available in the Spring/Summer around here and hard to find.  Kmart has Mtn. Dew 3 for $10 this week on sale so these were free(no sales tax on food items in PA)w/my $10 Points Voucher.  ECB can use a little cheering up as he job hunts. ;-)

*  I had enough Weis points to get a freebie so I picked it up this week.....


An 8+ lb. turkey breast.  I am not a big ham person(unless it's a salt cured country ham and I can only eat that very rarely)so a turkey breast it was.  Saved $12+ getting this free.

*  I earned a whole .10¢ on Ibotta this week(for buying any item in the store).
Go me.
*  I also received a $45 credit card credit back this past week from one of our motel stays in March.  It was a special they sent me-if you used Booking dotcom to make a motel reservation you'd get $45 back on the credit card you used to pay.  This amount covered 2/3 of one of our motel nights.

They also sent me an $80 back rebate last year which I used to make the Cape Hatteras reservation for the short 2 day trip we took with my brother there last October.  Of course I split that rebate with my brother as he paid half of that motel reservation.
I am still waiting on $39.94 in motel rebates on Ibotta from the March trip.  Those can take up to 3 months to clear. Ugh.  Hopefully I'll get those rebates cleared before my mid-year Small Finances report the end of June.

That's about it from Chez Sluggy this week.


What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?
Anybody get any Easter meats/entree items for free or at a great reduction from your grocery store this week?


Sluggy









6 comments:

  1. You did better thank ok - you did great! Here we pay zero tax on food items, 5% GST on convenience foods (ie 1 donut versus 12, pop, pre-roasted chicken), 5% on OTCs, and 12% on all non-food items not previously listed. So much freaking tax. At least $15-20 of my grocery budget every month ends up going to tax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you had a great week! What a deal on the toilet paper and you found a $1 coin, how neat! Great deal for the turkey breast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my goodness for someone who is supposed to be in her cups with depression (yes I have been very worried about you) you sure had time to find the bargains. And the money see God loves the Sluggy almost as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ibotta kinda sucks lately but I might try the Pringles Wavy. They’re on sale at Kroger for $.99 so not bad with the rebate.

    Things are falling out of my kitchen freezer and the basement freezer looks like yours! :) I’m menu planning with a goal to free up some space.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did wonderful. Hubby would love all of those paper towels. Free meat is always great and you found money. I found $1 bill last week. Haven't found any paper money in a while so I was excited.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.