Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Random Stuff & Photos


*  This is my Daughter's dinner from when we took Ex-College Boy out for his Birthday dinner.


Almost too pretty to eat!

*  For those of you who asked about Linda....I heard from her early March and she was having trouble getting into her blogger account or something.  As far as I know she's still out there and alive and you should check the comments on her last blog post to see if she has updated what's going on.

*  Saw this candy item in the one tourist shop we went into in Myrtle Beach.


Idaho Spuds.  Is this a thing?
I see that it's been around since 1918 made by the Idaho Candy Company.  How did I get to live to be this old and have never seen this candy before??

*  Back while we were down South, the local donut shop Kim and I went to last October got hit by a car.  Newspaper article HERE.
Hubs and I were out yesterday and went by said donut shop and it's still closed.
Kim says it's a tragedy and how will I ever get her to come back here if it doesn't reopen? lolz


Like I mentioned recently, vehicles running into buildings happens around here with alarming frequency.  I've never lived anyway where this is a weekly problem/news event.

*  We came home from vacation and found that Weis(PMITA)Markets decided to rearrange half the store while we were gone.
I knew they do this for 2 reasons.....to make you notice items(and buy them)that you didn't see before the rearranging and because some management lackey took a merchandising class and has decided that this will solve the stores financial problems.
Not only do customers LOATHE when stores that because now they can't find shit but the lowly employees hate it to because it just makes more work for them to fit into their hours.

To me, this is just like rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic.
Ugh!


*   I saw this on a car here in traffic..........

In pink it says, "tiny cocks make me giggle".
So strange and random......but something I can agree with. ;-)

*  We had a lunch....can't remember when now.....and  finally had Hubs snap my photo w/Red Robin's statue of liberty.
Who looks classier?

And then on the way out I saw these cheeseburger stools in the waiting area and I had to sit on one. lolz


*  As I drove up the driveway the other day I noticed my odometer.......


It was just about to turn over to 28K miles. 
I bought the purple car back in mid-May 2014 so I've put 28K miles on it in a bit less than 5 years.
That's even with about 5 trips to southern VA, a trip to Ocean City and of course the epic Midwest solo road trip in 2014.
I guess I really don't drive much other than Rite-Aid, Weis(PMITA)Markets, the gas station and the bank.

*  Saw this gift bag on the way down South while in the liquor store.
That's my kind of poem.
Wine.
*snort*


*  Yesterday the Daughter's dog knocked me over bigtime.  She freaked out(she is "special")while I was trying to put her on the tie-out and 85 lbs. of dog slamming into Sluggy after a full run means Sluggy will fall down and go "boom".  I was able to get up after a fair amount of cursing and yelling and by that time, Daughter's dog was long gone and Chester was running around the yard like a crazy canine.  I got Chester inside and yelled for Hubs to go find our special granddog.
She ended up running back after about 5 minutes and I got her inside with the promise of a chewy stick.

In the end the dogs are fine and I am a sore mess and working on some lovely bruises.  It wasn't as bad as the fall I had March 2018 on ice w/Chester but if I don't post for a couple days it's because my wrist is too sore to be online much.

And with that I am off to do stuff in the garage w/Hubs as the weather is nice here for a change.  8-)


Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about the fall and bruises! I see Linda just started a new blog "moreparsimony.blogspot.com"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car was bought July 2014 and I have well over 90,000 on it. Life int he fast lane I guess. Weird about vehicles hitting buildings so frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sluggy I hope you are okay!

    I like when you do these mashup posts. Kinda feels like what's going on in my brain half the time, lol.

    I saw one of those Idaho Spuds chocolate bars last year for the first time. It was in the Strip District in Pittsburgh, at a place called Grandpa Joe's Candy Shop. They have allllll sorts of crazy things there! I'm pretty sure I bought one, but it musnt have been all that memorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs will be dogs! Glad the pup came back, but sorry for your bumps and bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dogs!! But we love them. Hope your bruises are only memories soon... Teddie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry about the dog and hope you are all right. I will come back because you do mean more to me then a donut. Now that is love in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes that produce the greatest changes.

    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I delight in, lead to I discovered just what I was looking for.

    You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God
    Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put lots of ice on the wrist. Dogs can be very silly at times. I love that you call him a special dog. I think your daughter owes you some house cleaning. It would make your wrist hurt too much for you to do it yourself. And cooking too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.