Friday, April 12, 2019

Frugal Friday.....the April 12th Edition

Here's what passed for Frugal around here this past week.............

*  I got the Weis freebie last Friday.....


A 2 lb. bag of frozen mixed veggies.  This will go into a massive pot pie or a pot of soup eventually.

*  I hit Big Lots last Sunday during their 20% off store wide sale.........


I didn't get anything exciting really, just some canned//bottled pantry supplies like green chiles, refried beans, rice, some spices, stuff like that.  I spent $38.60 but can't find my receipt right now to see how much I saved.  It was all much lower than buying it at the grocery store though at regular price.

*  I hit some laundry detergents on clearance at Weis last week........

 2 each of large jugs of Tide, large bags of Gain flings, jugs of Persil and smaller bags of Tide pods.

Reg. price for all was $66.56, on clearance at 50% off($32.24).
Even better I had 8 x $2/1 ManuQs and IPQs on all these brands/items so I paid $16.24 for it all(plus $1.28 sales tax).

*  I went to CVS...............


A couple of weeks ago I got lured into a CVS deal that had me pay more OOP than I like to and left me with $7.50 in ECBs.
Not wanting to go all "Extreme CVS" at this point I had to find a way to use those ECBs and not wind up with more ECBs which would just lead me down a dark path like I am on at Rite-Aid. lolz

So I bought those 2 deodorants on the left in the photo, used 2 x $1/1 IPQs and a $3 Reward I had earned for that first foray back into CVS a couple of weeks ago.  My OOP for those was $1.04 w/tax.
That generated $5 more in ECBs($4 for the deodorant, $1 just because I was there I suppose lol).
After sale prices, coupons and ECBs for the rest of what is in the photo I paid .45¢ including .03¢ tax).


All the other items earned me a $10 Cash Card which I redeemed.  This doesn't expire like ECBs so if I ever want to go back I have it to spend but it doesn't mean I have to go back anyytime soon. 8-)


So I guess I did ok spending $1.49 total OOP this trip and getting a $10 card back.

*  Hubs and I had lunch out at Bob Evans while running errands this past week.  I used a $5 off $25 Q there so saved a bit that way.  These Qs usually cover what we would have spent on the tip so I'll take that as a win. 8-)

*  I saw this 3L box of sangria was on the clearance shelf at the liquor store......


Marked down to $19.99, not a great price but better than a poke in the eye around these parts.
I found a $2/1 tearpad w/Qs for "any Black Box" wine somewhere else in the store and used it so got my marked down wine for $17.99.
Go me. ;-)

Still no change to be found around here so that's about it for my week.
Living the dream folks, living the dream.........


What frugal wins did ya'll have lately?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you made some good deal and enjoy your wine.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rite Aid is a thing of the past around here now, so I frequent CVS. I am glad you posted because I have 5 bucks in extra bucks that need to be used tomorrow. They have Easter m&m's 2/5 right now. I think I will spend my bucks on those and send 1 of them to Pip in her Easter box. I am hiding the other bag because someone (not me because they are not keto) has been eating all the little foil wrapped bunnies I had sitting in a bowl as an Easter decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got in on some goo deals, Sluggy. I like the Friday Freebie as it's real food and not a candy bar or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deals there! Mediocre savings for me. I couldn't say "no" to the Starbucks gift cards/Bonus Cash spend $30 get $3 BC. (I got two $15 for two of my teens who love Starbucks.) Not the greatest deal, but two more easy to store and move Christmas gifts tucked away. At this point, I think I have about 1/3 of my "shopping" for Christmas complete.
    STILL working on eating down the freezer/pantry. Plans keep changing, and then there was a $0.97/lb. sale on turkey breasts. Obviously if we were moving further than across the street, I wouldn't have indulged myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone makes pot pies using frozen vegetables as well; they are always appreciated.
    Boxed wine is a good secret: not too $$ and very decent for table wine. It also stores well. Good bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always do so good. Sorry you haven't been finding change. I having been finding lots. I am at 43¢ this week. 2 dimes, 1 nickel and lots of pennies. I found 12 pennies in one store alone. Guess people don't want to waste the energy to pick up a penny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dark path, yes that is where you are, and it is a lot harder to find spare change when it is dark my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.