Friday, April 26, 2019

Frugal Friday.....the April 26th Edition

Let's take a took at the frugal wins we had here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......


*  I got the Weis freebie last Friday.........


a bucket of fake whipped cream.  I'll put this in the freezer so I can use it to make a chocolate peanut butter cream pie this Summer to go with a cook-out.

*  I bought some ramen noodle cups at Weis........


Each one costs .93¢ OOP.  I bought 5 but Ex-College Boy got into them before I got a photo. lolz
I claimed 5 x $1 cash rebates on Ibotta so I got paid .35¢ to bring these home.


This same Ibotta rebate was back in my gallery on Wednesday when I went back to Weis so I did it again.  Another 5 cups and .35¢ back in my pocket.  ;-)

*  I got a $10 certificate to use with my fat lady clothes company.....


It doesn't expire until sometime in July so I'll tuck it back to pick up some clearance clothing then.
It will be enough to cover the shipping on what I buy.

*  I kept from cooking until Thursday and we plowed through TONS of leftovers between Monday through Wednesday.  We are now down to a bit of spaghetti and meatballs(which Hubs will make quick work of!lol)and the Sunday's Easter dinner leftovers.  Thursday made NO leftovers so I'll probably make 2 pizzas tonight, we'll cook steaks out at some point this weekend and then it's back to leftovers again for a couple of days.  Stay tuned.

*  I found some money!


A penny in the parking lot before I went into Rite-Aid early in the week.

*  I found more money inside of Rite-Aid........

A quarter and then another penny near the register counter.  That makes .27¢ this week for the change envelope.  I need a new envelope as this year's is getting too heavy at this point with coins! lolz

*

I already reported on the better than free cosmetic brushes I got at Rite-Aid.  Paid $5.09 in Bonus Cash and earned back $6 in new BC for each 6 I bought.


*  I bit the bullet and bought myself some "real" luggage this past week.  Kohl's had a good deal on this American Tourister stuff so I put it in my online cart and left it there.  I had a $5 reward to use, plus a $10 off $50 Q but I couldn't pull the trigger.


The last night of the sale Kohl's sent me an email for an additional 30% off so I bit.

I got a 20" carry on bag in purple and a 24" bag in lime green(the green bag hasn't gotten here yet so I pulled this image from online to show).
Green and purple, my fav colors!

Both bags came to $359.98 reg. price(but who pays full retail for luggage, right?).
$186.92(w/sales tax)but for $122.41 w/sale prices, discounts, free shipping and reward used.
I also earned $20 in Kohl's Cash which I will be spending as soon as I get this done. ;-)
Oh and I used a rebate portal company to purchase so I'll get a couple of cents on the dollar back in a cash rebate too.  8-))

So that's it from here this past week.


What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?


Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. Now you need to plan a trip with all the money saved and your new luggage. Where will you e off next? It's been over a month since we have been on the road and I am itchng to go, but need to keep my head down in my own castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good ad frugal week. That's what happens at my house when we buy food, sometimes it gets eaten before I get a photo of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful luggage - we've hit a couple of great Samsonite sales the past few years so have enough luggage for a long time. No more buying the cheap luggage that falls apart after one trip. This stuff holds up nice. You bought the right colours, anyone who buys black luggage is crazy (difficult to spot your bag) on luggage carousels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will always be able to find your luggage. Well if you are not crawling around the airport, looking for spare change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The luggage is so cute. I love the colors. You did great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves it when individuals get together and share opinions.
    Great site, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should take part in a contest for one of the
    highest quality blogs on the internet. I will highly recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bookmarked!!, I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not have a frugal win, but got a letter from my old employer that I had $775 in a pension fund and they were sending it to me. Unlike many Americans, I'm not cashing it and eating the penalty. I'll put it in my Roth. I was glad to have it out of the pension. It had earned $37 in interest. It would have earned double that in my Roth! So this is not found money, but money rediscovered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am at moreparsimony.blogspot.com

    The colors of your new luggage are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. are the ramen noodles any good?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.