Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thanks & Stuff


I am loving all your comments and attempts to cheer me up the last two days.
It's all much appreciated!
It helped to just not go online for a bit too.
Thanks for the break.

I emailed my doc about what was going on with him.  He isn't leaving the area or the practice, he's taking on a new project here in Scranton and Kingston(Wilkes-Barre).  Geisinger is starting a "Primary Care Senior Focus Program".  A one stop shop for seniors medical needs and wellness if you will.  You have to be 65 or older(I assume it's some sort of Geisinger Medicare option)to join it so I am SOL.
So this means I can't be a patient of his for another 4.5 years until I hit 65.....and "if" we are still living here.
Well CRAP is all I have to say about that!
In the meantime I'll give Doggie Howser a chance......after all, what other choice do I have? lol


And I am obviously not alone in my irritation with the Jeopardy champ either from some of the comments I read. lolz

Both Mary and Cheryl's sister can't stand him either!
Cheryl's sister says he reminds her of Gomer Pyle so I made this side-by-side image..........


Yep!  I can see it, can you?


 Go-ooolly! lololz


I did a little digging and Jeopardy is NOT James' first game show rodeo.
We don't have cable so I didn't know he was on the Game Show Network show "The Chase".  I had seen it a couple times while we were on trips at hotels and had cable tv service.
I liked the concept of "The Chase" and the "Beast" contestants have to beat to win money on that show is framed as a "bad guy" so you are rooting for the team of 3 contestants to beat him.
James H. won $175,000 on that show with his 2 teammates.

He was also on a short lived game show called "500 Questions" that ran May 2015 to June 2016 sporadically.
James H was on Season 1, Episode 3. facing champ Steve Bahnaman.  James did not unseat him.


Plus James H's wife was on "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?" in 2012 walked away with $22,800 from her appearance there.


No argument that James H. is a great trivia master but I like to see more even handed competition on Jeopardy myself.  No doubt James Holzhauer will be appearing in a Jeopardy Tournament of Champions at some point in the future.  It would be nice to see him matched against previous champions but man, it's a bloody bath most days on these regular Jeopardy episodes......

Ok, I've got stuff to do here, doggies to show love to, a kitchen to clean and food to prep for Easter.

Sluggy


1 comment:

  1. I.m happy you are feeling better, I still have no primary doctor have no idea what I am going to do when I get sick.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.