Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weis 9/12-9/18 GM/Purina Catalina Totals

I got a couple more trips in to Weis Markets on Saturday to finish taking advantage of the General Mills Catalina double dip Deal I talked about HERE.  I also threw in a 'roll of the Cats' on the Purina Pet Food Cat Deal as well.
I don't have the time/energy to gather it all together at this point and take a pic, so just use my 1st trip picture as a representative and multiple it x 4 AND add in 3 x 22lb. bags of Dog Chow....



Here are my totals for the Deals....

My Initial Out of Pocket is...$64.48(including the dog food and the tax)
Catalinas I have left....$13 in regular OYNO Cats & $24 in Meat OYNO Cats
Items I bought.....24 "Helpers"(beef and chicken), 24 Pillsbury bread products, 24 Old El Paso products=72 items and 66lbs. of dog food(kibble).
"Realized" Out of Pocket(after Catalinas)is....$27.48 for all, or $18.80 Out of Pocket for human food items and $8.68 for 66lbs. of pet food.
That breaks down to.....26¢ per item for people food & .13¢ per lb. for the pet food

Now this Deal was great for me whereas it might not have been as great for some one else.  Getting lots of products for cheap is wonderful only if you are going to use it all before it expires AND you have room to store it.
*We do alot of Tex-Mex cooking here and I was almost out of beans and shells from my last stock-up in February(another GM/OEP double dipping Cat Deal at Weis).  Stocking up on those products made sense for me.
*Between Marching Band fundraisers(where I am required to bake) and the Holidays ahead, all that Pillsbury stuff will save me time in the kitchen.  Plus having already made cookie dough is great for the teens to make up their own cookies(seeing as they won't make the dough from scratch and would nag me to make it). And at .26¢ per roll of cookie dough, that's some pretty inexpensive cookies!
*All that Hamburger/Chicken Helper.....what can I say?  Not the healthiest of choices but pair it with lean meat and fresh veggies and it's ok.  In my defense, at least I don't have a boxed Kraft Mac & Cheese addiction.lol 
I'll probably give a portion of these to relatives who have limited cooking skills or food bank them...yes, I just used 'food bank' as a verb.  The rest I like to have on hand for those rare occasions when Hubs is pressed into cooking duties since it's something he can comfortably make successfully.....and that's all I'm going to say about that. ;-)
*66 lbs. of dog kibble was needed as we are down to our last large bag.  Now that we are down to 2 dogs, these 3 bags should last us through the end of the year, if not a touch longer.

For our area, this Catalina Deal was a really good one.
I'm glad I had money in the food budget to take advantage of it.

Here's hoping a good Cat Deal comes your way very soon as well! 8-)

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Hope this isn't a dumb question, but can the refrigerated cookie dough be frozen and still baked successfully after thawing? I ask only because DH tried the same general experiment with refrigerated biscuit dough and that was a total fail. LOL! But I don't think cookies are required to rise the way biscuits are, so maybe it still works out...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cookie dough can be frozen....I only know this because the kid's school sold cookie dough pails and it came frozen. The biscuits don't freeze and if you leave them in the tube too long they can explode....ask me how I know that one!lolol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.