Monday, September 6, 2010

Food Shopping.....Cheap Cheese Please! & Weekly Total

If you have been in an internet coma....meaning you haven't seen any blogs in the past week......you need to go HERE and print this coupon, making sure to hit your back button and print it again.

The timing of this coupons in my life can be summed up by one word....Synchronicity!  I had just gone out into the freezer to get some shredded cheddar cheese out for dinner and found that I had TONS of shredded mozzarella yet was totally out of cheddar.  I came back in, grumbling a bit because of my inattention to the state of my "cheesy-ness", went online and saw this "manna from the heavens" coupon.
I swear I heard the angels sing.....

Kraft has released a $5 off of 5 participating Kraft cheese products coupon.
If you have access to any of the major grocery chains you can probably pair this coupon with a sale/special at your store and get the cheese for free or very cheaply.
If you are like me and don't have a major chain nearby, you can still probably use it and get your cheese for $1 or under.

At any rate, it's an awesome coupon and yes, it IS legitimate.
But that is not to say that folks have NOT had problems convincing their grocery stores that it is not a fraudulent coupon.  Just be aware that it's been reported that some stores' management personnel have not taken the coupon.  When I printed mine out, I left them uncut on the paper.  The page prints out with the qualifying products list and might seem more legit to some stores if they are questioning the source of the coupon.

Anyway, on to the shopping!

Hubs was with me so I divided the shopping into 2 transactions to get done faster and to lessen the chance that they wouldn't question the coupon.....using 1 of them each instead of using both of them at the same time.
At my store, both of our cashiers still had to check with management before they took the $5/5 coupon.

Transaction #1(Hubs)
5 x Kraft Shredded Cheese on sale $2=$10.00 *reg. price $3.49ea.*
2 x Utz Chips on sale $2=$4.00 *reg. price $3.99ea.*
SubTotal...$14.00

Used 1 x $5/5 Kraft products=$5.00

$14.00-$5=$9.00 OOP

Transaction #2(Me)
5 x Kraft Shredded Cheese on sale $2=$10.00 *reg. price $3.49ea.*
1 x Load of Bread on sale=$1.50 *reg. price $2.99*
1 x Cantaloupe on sale=$.99 *reg. price $3.49*
2x Peaches on sale=$.61 *not pictured-reg. price $1.99lb.*
SubTotal...$13.10


Used 1 x $5/5 Kraft products=$5.00


$13.10-$5=$8.10 OOP

Total....$17.10
Reg. Retail of Items...$50.58

Other shopping for the week....
Carone's...$6.74 (2 qt. milk, cheese, frozen broccoli)
Weis....$3.29 (milk)

Total Food Spending for the Week....$27.13

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I printed a couple of the Kraft coupons last week. I am just waiting for a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!
    I must be "la la land", or the fact that I was on vacation, I DID NOT SEE this cpn at all, and thank you tremendously for providing it again!!!
    I just printed out 4. Don't know if I can use all four, but hey... you never know...

    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran this deal at Jewel. I got 22 things of free cheese! It was love!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.