Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Go SEE Frances for Some Biscuits! & Shopping....And It's NOT Rite-Aid!

I still have $15 in Catalinas to use by Saturday at Weis Markets from my Cat Deals of 2 weeks ago.
I also have a $25 Walmart Gift Card I won awhile ago over on Frances' Blog HERE.  She was joking about how much stuff using coupons I'd be able to get with that amount of cash so I promised I'd post about what I got with my winnings.

****Oh, and Frances is having another Giveaway for Grands! Mini Biscuits now so Go Enter it on this Post HERE.****

So now, on to the Savings!
I wanted to use 2 of those $5/5 Kraft items Coupons because mine were expiring in the next couple of days so I decided to try Walmart as they have the cheese on rollback for $2 a bag.  I hadn't tried using them here yet, just at the local chain grocer that takes internet printed coupons.  I don't shop at Target but was considering trying there if I HAD to, but there are reports that Target isn't being very friendly about taking these Qs.
I had an ace-in-the-hole if Walmart had tried to deny the Qs though!
Look at the bag of MEXICAN cheese in the photo.  Quite a few of the bags had this peelie on it....the peelie that tells you to go to the Kraft "Huddle To Fight Hunger" website & print off a $5 off 5 Kraft products coupons(the same one I am trying to use here!)  I was all set to rip that peelie off the bag and ask why they are selling products that tell me to go print and use this coupon on these products if the store won't take the coupon??  And then if they still wouldn't relent I'd be giving Kraft an earful about this!



10 x Kraft shredded Cheese on rollback $2=$20.00
3 x Ocean Spray Grapefruit Juice on rollback $2=$6.00
3 x French's Dipping Mustard $1.94=$5.82
2 x Ground Turkey w/Taco seasoning $1.18=$2.36
1 x GV Sour Cream=$1.14
1 x 2.02lb. Grapes on sale $1lb.=$2.02
1 x 2.06lb. Bananas on sale $.39lb.=$.80
SubTotal....$38.14

Coupons Used
2 x $5/5 Kraft items IPQ=$10.00
3 x $1/1 French's Dipping Mustard ManQ=$3.00
Coupon Total...$13.00

$38.14-$13.00=$25.14
Used $25 WalMart Gift Card=$.14 Out of Pocket

Ka-ching!  
The Grapefruit Juice was an excellent buy as well for the 100% Juice stuff at $2 a bottle.
I finished using my French's Qs too so #2 son is set for dipping mustard for some time to come.

If I had bought this load of stuff at one of the two grocery stores in my town at reg. retail prices, it would have been something like $62.76, or $59.76 after French's coupons because they won't take the internet printed ones.


Then I hit Weis Market with my $15 of Cats in hand....



2 x Fresh Express Salad Mix on sale BOGO=$3.69
2 x 3lb.approx. each Ground Beef=$18.39
2 x Breyer's Ice Cream on sale $3=$6.00
SubTotal....$28.08

Coupons Used
2 x $3/1 Instant Meat Dept. Discount Peelie on package=$6.00
1 x FREE FE Salad Mix(won in a giveaway)=$3.69
4 x $3 OYN meat or chicken Order Catalina=$12.00
1 x $3 OYN Order Catalina=$3.00
Coupon Total....$24.69

$28.08-$24.69=$3.39 Out of Pocket

Ok, I screwed this one up a bit!  The ice cream was suppose to be $1.99 each, not $3 each.....if you bought THREE containers.  And obviously math was not my strong suit in school as I only bought TWO.  So I have to go back with my receipt and return the 2 and rebuy them with ANOTHER one to get the $1.99 price.  So stupid....if you buy 3 it's 3 cents cheaper than if you buy 2 at $3.  They should just tell you(me) as you(me) are checking out with only 2 containers, "Look moron!...Go back and get another ice cream so I can give you 3 cents change!"lolol
Gawd.....sometimes I just outwit myself.....

Anyway, the Ground Beef ending up costing me .39¢ after the Cats and Instant Peelies, both bags of salad were free with the BOGO sale and the Free Item Q and the last $3 OYNO Cat made my ice cream half price($3).

All totaled, I am out $3.53 for both orders.
Mucho Savings!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. What excellent deals! And you made that $25 go a long way.

    I used a couple of those Kraft coupons at Kroger and didn't have a bit of trouble. Thank goodness. Wish I had printed more than 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They should just tell you(me) as you(me) are checking out with only 2 containers, "Look moron!...Go back and get another ice cream so I can give you 3 cents change!"lolol"-By far one of the funniest things you have written!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and good job by the way! But I'm pretty sure that you already knew this!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.