Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Week's Harvest....No More Cucumbers Please!

After nagging for THREE DAYS I did finally get someone to pick some green beans before they grew to GINORMOUS proportions and we picked the 5th head of cauliflower for Kallaum's Thursday dinner plus I found 2 huge cukes hidden in the back garden bed....


This Harvest--
TOTAL....2lb. 8.8oz.

Garden Harvest Weight Total to date....36 lb. 1.02 oz.

I am actually scared to go check the front and side garden beds now.  Last week there were more beans, yellow squash, golden peppers and a bunch of tomatoes close to turning or otherwise being ready to pick.

I also have a request for the Garden gods....no more cukes please!  We are overrun and a person can only eat so many salads or pickles.  ;-)


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. The garden gods will not listen. Better talk to the freezer gods or the canning gods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Slugmama,

    If you like greek or Indian food, you can do cool yogurt dip which is very tasty.

    Combine yougurt & sour cream - equal portions. Grate a whole cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy with chips, raw veggies or Indian Biryani.

    Chitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pickles can pile up! We're big pickle people here! Bring em on... I'll take them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnnieJ--Yah, I think I am talking to the wrong peoples.lol

    Chitra--I generally do a tzatziki sauce with cukes for gyros, but I forgot about doing a cucumber/sour cream salad dish...thanks!

    McVal--Well come on over and get em!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.