Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting a Little Something Done..Little Being the Operative Word Here

Sunday I harvested the garden and here is what I got.....




I just don't know WHAT I am going to do with all this???lol

Oh wait!
Here's what I'm doing.....
Adding him to his little green friends I harvested last week, blanching them all and stuffing them into the freezer. ;-)

And remember this pic......


I finally got around to processing them and they now look like this....


3 lovely quarts of tomato sauce!

I also got lucky this week when I called the courthouse and they said I had finished my Jury Duty Service. 
I hadn't actually had to report to the courthouse any of the weeks this month but oooookay! 8-)

That meant I was able to participate in my 1st paid online video focus group earlier this week. 
Let me get this.....you're going to pay me to sit at the computer and give you my opinion on something?
Oh, they just don't realize the monster they have unleashed upon the "focus group world"......

I am off now to run some errands that have been neglected thus far this week, including mailing off the latest Boring Blog Box Giveaway Winner their box of prizes.  I've got another Boring Box of Stuff set to launch in the next day or two so don't touch that dial! ;-)

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Another Boring Box! I can't wait!!!

    That bean looked lonely. I am glad it got to join its friends. Yeah for the tomato sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You soooo have to write about how to get into focus groups!! Sounds like my kind of job!
    And since you are all knowing, I have another question. Is it true that if you go into certain fields(teaching) that you can get some of your loans forgiven? Anna wants to be a teacher and I had heard that teachers were in demand. Just figured you would know. lol
    And that is some good looking sauce you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SonyaAnn, here is a link.
    http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/teachercancel.jsp

    I received a list one-half inch thick with all the schools in the state where I could teach and erase my loan. Only certain loans are eligible. However, in our state, most schools qualify.

    Call you State Department of Education or search their site for the information you need. Or, the local Board of Education might have them printed or can point you in the righ direction.

    I googled "teaching to erase student loan." Some volunteer work will count toward student loans--AmeriCorp.

    Another:
    http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/discharges.jsp

    And another:
    http://www.finaid.org/loans/forgiveness.phtml

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.