Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Harvesting Again and Weekly Meal Plan

Just a quick update on the garden.....
Hubs picked tomatoes again on Saturday.


That's another 11 lb. 7.8 oz. worth.
And I found these 2 peppers on Sunday.....
These babies are a combined weight of 4.4 oz.

Does any one have any good recipes for using Italian Roasting Peppers, beyond telling me to "roast" them?lol

This Harvest--
TOTAL....11lb. 12.2oz.
Garden Harvest Weight Total to date....53lb. 8.02 oz.

I can't believe we've harvested over 53 POUNDS of food so far from our tiny garden!
Wow.....

And from the sublime into the mundane.....lol.....

Here is my Meal Plan for this week.
Sunday--Italian Sausage Sandwiches on Onion Rolls, Corn *Done
Monday--Meatloaf, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Baby Veggie Medley *Done
Tuesday--Chicken Broccoli Carrot Pot Pie
Wednesday--Baked Catfish w/Lemon Pepper, Rice & Pepper Saute, Collard Greens
Thursday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Tossed Salad
Friday--Clam Chowder, Rolls
Saturday--Leftover Feast

The Mashed Potatoes, Pot Pie and Rolls w/the Chowder are to use some of those 24 Pillsbury/Betty Crocker items I got last week....of course!  Next week we'll work on the Old El Paso.lol

I got a big pile of Ground Beef last weekend and made 3 batches of meatballs up for the freezer and the Meatloaf that was served on Monday.  1 of the batches of meatballs will be used on Thursday, leaving me 2 batches for later.  The sausage, chicken, fish, clams, rice, corn, pasta sauce and pasta are all things in the freezer or stockpile.  The peppers(for the saute)and the collards are from the garden.  So the only items I need to buy this week is lettuce for the salad and broccoli for the pot pie.  I will also pick up a couple of heads of cabbage this week as it's on sale and I'll incorporate it three times into next week's menu.  I also need onions. These veggies should run me at the most $8.
I'll also be picking up more fruit(pears and peaches on sale), milk and some other deals(using coupons), plus be using the Shursave grocery's Cats before they expire this week.  I stocked up at the bread store last week so we are set for bread products for the next 2 weeks or so.
My grocery spending for this month is at $203.44 now, so I have $46.56 left until the 1st of Oct. 

Off to the store now and then to start the pot pie...

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. This is neither sublime nor mundane! It is AMAZING! Your garden rocks, and I'm so impressed. You've inspired me, and my garden will be expanded next year. Fresh produce is the best in the world:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And from the sublime into the mundane.....lol....."-You are crazy! But you make me laugh!
    Your garden is doing so well! We use roasted peppers for sandwiches. At least, I didn't say roast it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden sure has given you a lot of produce. "Given" HA! Like you didn't have to work for it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful all those tomatoes and peppers are!!!! And fifty-three pounds of produce from your garden rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.