Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Stuff....And Tuesday Feeling Like Monday

Well Hubs and I found a fridge that would fit into the space that we have in the kitchen for it, so we bit the bullet and bought it from the Home Despot on Saturday.  The funds will come out of the Savings Challenge cash we saved last year that we have left. 
The clerk showed us the one we bought(which is almost 2 cubit feet smaller inside than the current non-working fridge)and another one that was the EXACT SAME Fridge we have now.
Ummm, I don't THINK I want to buy the same fridge....unless of course, I WANT to have to replace it again in less than 5 years.lolol

We'll keep the broken fridge and put it out in the garage and look into fixing it at some later date.  We found out that the local power company will haul the old fridge off for free if at some point in the future we decide it isn't worth or can't be repaired.
It also took a bit of the financial sting off of the fridge purchase when we found out that it qualifies for a rebate of sorts from the power company.  Since it's an Energy Star appliance, it qualifies us for a $50 Visa Card.
Nice.....

We got the deck cleaned and sealed this weekend.  Since we weren't suppose to get any precipitation, we hired the nephew and #2 son to do the job.  No bending for us and walking around money for them...
It was a 2 day job.....cleaning on Saturday and staining/sealing on Sunday.....and dry enough to put everything back on the deck Monday.
Hubs and I spent a good while on Monday in the garage making room for the broken fridge and doing a bit of reorganizing in there.
Then we finished off the 3 day weekend by picking ripe Roma tomatoes off the plants.
Here's the harvest we ended up with.....


 And there are still a TON of tomatoes out there that are yet to ripen!  These are headed into the freezer now so that I can skin them easily when I get the chance to process and can them.

This Harvest--
TOTAL....10 lb. 12.2 oz.
Garden Harvest Weight Total to date....52 lb. 8.02 oz.

I made myself a BLT for dinner.....anybody wonder why? ;-)
Hubs & #1 son had a traditional American Labor Day meal....Taco Bell.lolol
After dinner I went through the island cabinets in the kitchen and started throwing the accumulated leftover Chinese take-out container into the plastic recycling bin.

I woke up this morning with the decluttering bug still up my rear so I've done some throwing out and "Salvation Army setting aside" as I move around the house.  I'll be interested to see how much I can let go of by the end of today.

I love my family but boy!....I am glad they all went back to school or work today. ;-)

Here's hoping your day goes the way you want it to!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE BLTs! We cleaned the deck this weekend too, but then it rained a lot... So we'll seal it probably on Sunday. Hope it won't rot before then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I have the dejunk bug too. How do we kill it? Is it like lice or like bed bugs? LOL
    Great harvest too and sorry about the frig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tomatoes are gorgeous! I am so jealous of your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.