Monday, October 2, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" Edition--



Maybe I should have picked up this magnet I saw in the clearance section at a Walmart in WV a couple of weekends ago.  Money seems to be flying out of my wallet lately. lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Roasted Chicken with Roasted Veggies
2. Monday--Tuna Noodles Casserole, leftover Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Beef and Broccoli over Rice
4. Wednesday--Something with Ham, Roasted Asparagus
5. Thursday--Mac and Cheese w/Ham, Sugar Snap Peas
6. Friday--Leftover Pork Tenderloin, Leftover Cauliflower
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Roasted Chicken with Roasted Veggies
2. Monday--Tuna Noodles Casserole, leftover Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Beef and Broccoli over Noodles
4. Wednesday--Leftover Pork Tenderloin, Leftover Cauliflower
5. Thursday--Leftover Ham, Roasted Asparagus, Pierogies
6. Friday--Pizza
7. Saturday--Mac and Cheese w/leftover Ham, Sugar Snap Peas

The beef and broccoli was served over noodles not rice, and I used some of the pierogies in the freezer that have been in there quite awhile.  the last of that ham Daughter cooked a few weeks ago went into a pan of mac and cheese.  Friday night Hubs and I were on our own so we cooked a small frozen pizza from the freezer instead of going out or getting take-out or cooking a big meal.

Last week saw 5-6 nights of home cooked dinners, 1-2 nights of leftovers and zero take-out or eating out.

Most of last week's grocery spending is contained HERE in the month end tally but we did a fair amount of spending during the weekend which goes on October's tally.  The amount spent for Oct. is $79.93 at various store.

My savings percentages last week and for the month to-date?   Last week's percentage was unusually high at 82.09% and the monthly ends up at 82.09% as well(without Rite-Aid trips added in)since it's only the first week of October. 

Leftovers going into this week.......Halushki, Potato Salad, Sauteed Cabbage, Cauliflower in Sauce, Tuna Noodle Casserole and Mac and Cheese.  We only have small amounts of each of these so I am reserving them for Hubs & my lunches instead of working them into the dinner plan.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Meatloaf, Butternut Squash, leftover Mac and Cheese
2. Monday--BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
3. Tuesday--Fish, Squash Casserole, Cole Slaw
4. Wednesday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke, Rice
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating-Out.
With the weather cooler finally I am running the oven more now though Thursday is suppose to be warm again so we'll do leftovers(reheated in either the microwave or the toaster over)that night.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Rolls and Cole Slaw fixings is about it.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I sorted recipes yesterday as it has been much cooler and I want to start making soups, curries and crockpot meals instead of salads and BBQ'd meat. First up will be Greek Lentil Soup and One Pot Spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made another chicken pot pie yesterday and Salmon Patties are on the menu for today. I'm cleaning and straightening in my pantry, so the rest of the week could be interesting. Your menus look good, both this week and last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think money is flying out of your wallet. I think you feel that way because Hub's is retired and there is a mindset that hits once the household quits earning and lives on retirement accounts. Even with a plan it is kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it seems your money management skills are still working. I cannot see from what you posted that money is flying out. My plan was chicken and vegetables. Today, I put on another pack of chicken breasts and will put in celery, onion, and bell pepper for flavor. In the morning, I will put in carrots, potatoes, and later kale. It is a replay of what I had, but he has not had it. He would not care, anyway. It seems there were not many sales this last Wednesday. But, the good sales come out this Wednesday for the first week in the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to get the men to eat more fish. Monday our usual salmon. Tuesday shrimp. Today a small pork loin.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.