Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Finishing Off my Oct. Rite-Aid Deals.....Madness I Tell Ya!

The last 4 weeks at Rite-Aid, by buying selected items and spending $50(before Qs)you could earn a $25 TRU(aka Toys R Us)gift card.
A $10 off your next order Catalina Q was also generating if you purchased $30+ in Huggies diapers in a single transaction plus during one week of this 4 week window you also earned $10 in Plenti Points on said $30+ purchase of said diapers(double dip but limit of 2 Deals per Wellness card).

If you've been reading here you are aware that I can generally get Huggies during these sort of Deals for pennies on the dollar(or pennies worth of points)and turn around and sell them locally via a tag sale site.

So I bought these x 4 times for a total of 16 packs of diapers........



Plus a few extra things in one transaction.............


Earned 4 of these...




When I hit $50 of diaper spending on two of the Wellness cards I earned two of these(one on each account).........


So going into this final week of the TRU gift card Deal(last week)I had $17.92 on two different Wellness cards tracking toward earning another TRU gift card which meant if I spent $32.08 on select items on either card I'd earn a second gift card on that account/card.

I also want to get Hubs this for Xmas......


It's a Cusininart conical burr coffee grinder.
I was going to order it from Kohl's last week, where it would have cost $80+ with sales and coupons and discounts.
But Amazon has it for virtually that same price everyday.

I have a $50 Amazon gift card I earned from staying at a certain motel chain on our Summer road trip.  It was free from points earned for my stays.  So I needed to come up with a way to cover the rest of that $80 purchase without paying any cash out of pocket.
Hmmmm.
So my brain got to working on this evil plot. ;-)

I found a way to get a third TRU gift card before the Deal ended on Saturday without spending any cash.
Bear with me here.........

I went to Rite-Aid and bought this on one of the Wellness cards tracking $17.92 toward the $50 in spending needed for a second gift card on that account........these products I bought didn't count toward the GC Deal but they saved me OOP on the transaction that followed which DID contain GC Deal items.


3 x Aveeno facial cleansers BOGO50% sale(reg. $8.79)=$20.21
I used 3 x $2/1 Aveeno facial product IPQs....$20.21-$6=$14.21+.78¢tax=$14.99

I paid with $14.99 in Plenti Points and earned back $8 in new PPs(Spend $20 Aveeno face/Get $8 in PPs Deal).  So I am "down" $6.99 in PPs.

I loaded a cash rebate to my Ibotta account before heading to the store for $1.50 back on Aveeno facial cleansers and you can submit up to 3 offers so I got back $4.50 in cash rebates from there.
After those rebates my "spending" is now $2.49 for all 3 items.

When my receipt printed out for this transaction the Catalina machine printed off a $4.50 OYN purchase Catalina good at Rite-Aid AND a $3 Off an Order of $30 Rite-Aid Q.  The last one being a happy accident and I hadn't planned on that! 8-)

The items above didn't track toward the gift card deal but it earned me $7.50 in store script to apply to my next transaction, using the same Wellness card as the last transaction..........


2 x Lil' Critters vitamins on sale=$19.98
2 x Advil Jr pain reliever 20% Wellness discount=$10.86
1 x Boogie Wipes 20% Wellness discount=$3.83
Subtotal........$34.67

Coupons Used
1 x $3 off $30 Purchase=$3.00
2 x $3/1 Lil' Critters vitamins IPQ=$6.00
2 x $1.50/1 Advil Jr IPQ=$3.00
1 x $1/1 Boogie Wipes IPQ=$1.00
1 x $4.50 OYNO CatQ=$4.50
Coupon Total......$17.50

$34.67-$17.50=$17.17 Total
I paid with $17.17 in Plenti Points and earned $3 in new PPs(wyb2 Lil' Critters vitamins), making a  $14.17 "spend down" in Plenti Points.
Once I got home I submitted online for a $5 cash rebate for buying the bottles of vitamins so I am "down" $9.17 for this transaction.

And all items in this transaction qualified for the TRU gift card Deal so I earned another one of these.....


Let's recap what I brought home in total doing these deals in October.......

16 packs of diapers
2 packs of Tummy Zen
1 pack of light bulbs
1 spray deodorant
3 Aveeno cleansers
2 bottles of vitamins
2 bottles of pain relievers
1 pack of disposable wipes
3 $25 TRU gift cards

And here is what it "cost" me.....

Used $109.99 in Plenti Points
Earned $56.00 in new Plenti Points
So I "spent down" $53.99 in Plenti Points
I also earned $9.50 in cash rebates bringing the "spending" down to $44.49.
After I sell off all the diapers for between $80-$88 cash I am in the black for at least $35.51 on all this.

And I have $75 in free to me TRU gift cards.

So back to this.........

Here's the evil plot twist--
I can either sell  TRU gift cards for $18 cash or trade each $25 worth for an Amazon gift card worth $19+/-(currently what these are trading for).
Selling or trading two of the gift cards will give me enough Amazon gift card value when combined with the $50 freebie Amazon gc I earned this Summer to procure this awesome Christmas gift for nothing.

I can keep one $25 TRU gc to use some other way(giveaway? buy toys for Toys for Tots donating?, gift it to someone?).
Some of what's left(besides the diapers which will be sold)will be gifted, some used here(the Tummy Zen and maybe some Aveeno)and the rest will make appearances in future giveaways.


Sometimes I am Pinky but sometimes I am The Brain! ;-)
And at least it keeps me off the streets......

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. wow, wow, wow, my brain is all scrambled by what you did............I have no clue really how you did it, but well done. Yes you are the brain, not pinky in this case...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dizzy from reading this! Impressed? Extremely, but still dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm not that kind of a saver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back in the day, I used to do the deals at cvs, rite-aid and Walgreens. We moved here, the middle of nowhere, with nary a nation-wide drugstore for miles, and I lost my mojo. But, having read what you just did, I would say, I never had a mojo. You have all the mojo! I bow to you, oh high priestess of rite-aid deals! I’m in awe!
    Love Pinky and the Brain! I used to watch this with my sons; what fun memories! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get Pinky or Brain. But, my head is spinning, and I am so impressed. If you try to take over the world, you will succeed. Tonight would be the perfect night to try to take over the world. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you can be the brain but I get to be pinkie, how is the puppy? more pictures please.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.