Thursday, October 1, 2015

Well That Didn't Go as Planned!

I broke my Rite-Aid fast on Wednesday.  I had to go up to fill a couple of Rxs so I did a few deals too.
Before going I made sure to load my Rite-Aid Load2Card Qs onto my Wellness card, load a $5 off wyspend $25(after coupons and sale prices)Offer from my Plenti account and activate electronic Qs in my Saving Star account that is attached to my Wellness/Plenti card(s).

Then I bought all this.........




1 x Hot Tamales theater candy box on sale=$1.29
2 x Colgate toothpaste on sale $2.99=$5.98
2 x Dove 'Poo on sale=$7.00
2 x Tresemme 'Poo on sale=$8.00
1 x Pink Eye drops on sale=$7.49
1 x Ring Relief drops on sale-$7.49
1 x Degree men's Deo on sale=$3.99
1 x Axe 'Poo on sale=$3.99
1 x Dove men's body wash on sale=$4.49

SubTotal.....$49.72

Coupons Used

1 x Freebie Hot Tamales Rite-Aid FB Q=$1.29
1 x $1/1 Colgate toothpaste IPQ(coupons dotcom)=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate toothpaste Load2CardQ=$1.00
2 x $2/1 Colgate toothpaste In-Ad sales flyer Q(stacks with the ManuQs/IPQs/L2CQs)=$4.00
1 x $3/2 Dove 'Poo Load2CardQ=$3.00
1 x $5/2 Tresemme 'Poo ManuQ(Sunday's inserts)=$5.00
1 x $2/1 Pink Eye drops IPQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Ring Relief drops IPQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Degree men's Deo Load2CardQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Axe Poo ManuQ(Sunday's inserts)=$1.00
1 x $2/1 Dove men's body wash Load2CardQ=$2.00

Coupon Total.......$23.29

$49.72-$23.29=$26.43 + .89¢tax=$27.32

I used all $21 worth of Plenti points on this card.

$27.32-$21=$6.32 OOP which was put on my Rite-Aid gift card.

I will receive back in my Saving Star account a check for $8.00(rebates on 2/Dove 'Poo $3, $1 1/Tresemme, $1 1/Degree deo, $1 1/Axe 'Poo, $2 1/Dove body wash), making my OOP now -$1.68.
Yes they are paying me $1.68 to buy all this. 8-)))

In addition I earned more Plenti Points--
$5 worth wyb $15 of select women's Dove/Tresemme items
$3 worth wyb $10 of select men's Dove/Axe items
$20 worth wyb 2 Pink Eye andor Ring Relief items($10 worth for each, limit 2)
$5 worth wyspend $25(after Qs and sale prices)at Rite-Aid on a single transaction

Total Plenti Points earned this transaction---$33 worth
Total Plenti Points spent this transation---$21 worth so I am "up" $12 in points as well as making overage of $1.68 after Saving Star rebates.

Value of items bought in this transaction.....$71.48
Cost OOP(on gift card)....$6.32
Plenti points on card.....$33


Well I went back this morning after my therapy appointment to do the men's Dove/Axe Deal, the women's Dove/Simple Deal and the Colgate toothpaste 1 more time on my son's card.  (I only got 1 tube of toothpaste because I wasn't sure I had a Load2Card Q for a second tube on this card.)  I also did the Pink Eye/Ring Relief Deals once each.

Well between yesterday and today, Rite-Aid changed the amount of points you earn doing the Pink Eye/Ring Relief Deals.


Because what should have earned me back $33 in Pts. only earned me $15 in Pts.
The Pink Eye/Ring Relief only gave back $1 in Points each instead of $10 in Points.  I guess it was suppose to give $1 all along but somebody goofed and they have now corrected this awesome Deal.
Sigh.

So I will be returning those 2 items since I only bought them for the points(don't "need" them but could have donated them if they were free or a moneymaker).

After I return them(and have the Qs I used deducted)my OOP put on the gift card will be $7.09.
I suppose they will also deduct the $2 in Plenti pts. from this account for the return, which is only right, so this card will have $13 in points on it instead of the $15 in points it now has.  I  used $12 in points to buy all this so I will still be "up" $1 in points.  Being $21 "up" in points on this card would have been nicer. lolz

Plus since I bought different items in those 2 men's Dove/Axe and women's Dove/Simple Deals with Saving Star rebates on them from the items in my first transaction(except for the Dove men's body wash), I'll also receive $6.50 in more Saving Star rebates for this transaction(.50¢ Axe, $1 Dove men's deo, $2 Simple cleaner, $1.50 Dove dry spray deo, $1.50 Dove women's deo).

Take that $6.50 and deduct it from what I paid on the gift card, $7.09, and all the items in this transaction cost me .55¢(plus I received $1 in points above what I spend in points).

Still a very good haul but not the blockbuster point maker I thought I was going to have.  ;-)

Value of items bought in this transaction.....$45.33
Cost OOP(on gift card)after I make the return.... .55¢
Plenti points on card.....$13(or $15 if they don't yank those $2 in points for the return)

Outcome for both cards/transactions
Total "spent" put on gift card--$13.41
Total value of items--$116.81
Plenti Points used--33,000($33)
Plenti Points earned--46,000($46)
Saving Star Rebates earned--$14.50

OOP spending total..... -$1.09(moneymaker overage)
Points are "up".........$13

Overall this was worth doing.

Next week at Rite-Aid there is nothing that is free or a great cheap deal so I won't be darkening their doors.
I have one rx that needs refilling at Kmart next week that I might transfer to Rite-Aid which will earn me $25 in Plenti Points(There is a refill/points Q in this week's ad that is good until 10/10 you can use to get free points).  Why not, right?.....after all, $15 in free stuff is $25 in free stuff! lolz

Sluggy


 

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I am dazzled! I have to got to get in on this Plenti thing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.