Saturday, October 14, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the October 13th Edition on Saturday

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   

There are a few Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  Grocery shopping this past week--
I hit Walmart for some stuff(can't remember what right now as I am in a drug induced fog.  8-)

*  As part of my Ibotta big bonus I was trying to finish,  I had to have 1 online purchase so I downloaded Ubereats.com and when through ibotta on Sunday to order dinner from Bob Evans restaurant here in Ohio.  Not only did I earn the $10 Ibotta bonus but I  got $25 off the food order(first order with Ubereats.com)and I earned another $10.35 on Ibotta.  I  used the stipend credit card the medical travel program provided to pay(meaning this food order cost $0 OOP)plus turned it into an Ibotta moneymaker of $20.35.  Nice.

*  I  also found a $5 in free Extra bucks  on my CVS account last week.  So bought 2 boxes of Special K cereal there as it was BOGO.  $6.29 OOP but I got $2 back on Ibotta for that purchase, making those cereals better than free!
.
*  At the surgery consult on Monday in Ohio it was recommended I have flexible gel packs for icing my wound so Hubs hiked up to CVS and bought 2 of those.  Again, using the travel stipend card to pay so no OOP.  And on  the receipt was $8 in Extra bucks so $8 free script but Hubs used it the next day to get a bottle of CVS branded Miralax so no getting to splurge on that $8. lol

The purchase as earned me .58 on my CVS card but I'm not sure if he used that too.

*  I found money! 


Found this nickel under the self-checkout register I used at Walmart last Friday.

Then at the airport in Louisiana on Saturday I found a  penny under a bench.

Then at the airport in Charlotte I spied this dime near our gate under a row of seats.

Total Found in last Week.... .16¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.27

*  And the bestest thing was getting a knee replacement at no charge to me due to this travel program our insurance provided.  I've been suffering since 2018 with this bum knee so I am very grateful for the people involved who got me to this point.(Including all my friends and family who have cheered me on and listened to me bitch about stuff along the way).  You are all rock stars! 8-)))

That's all I got. 

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Blogging will be taking a backseat to getting me healed so there might not be many posts here for the foreseeable future.8-)

Sluggy   

19 comments:

  1. My frugal win pales in comparison to yours since I did have an OOP cost of $9.55. I used Safeway reward points along with a 10% discount coupon for getting my COVID booster at their pharmacy plus digital coupons to save a total of $107.58. I did manage to squeeze in a small Ibotta rebate on the seedless grapes I bought. SuzInWA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any win in the grocery department is big nowadays! Take what you can when you get it. Once I am human again I need my Covid Booster, Flu shot and Pneumonia shot. Something to look forward too. *snort*

      Delete
  2. Glad you are through with the surgery. Now the healing part begins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are in healing mode... and picking change up off the freaking floor. Take care girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations on getting your knee replaced! I’m so happy for you! Nice to have the card to get those things at CVS for free.

    I found two pennies at the cinema went we went this week and I immediately thought of you. 😊

    I hope you are well on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update! Glad the surgery went well, and wishing you a speedy recovery and less pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love the less pain. I just hope the good drugs don't run out before I get over the bridge here.

      Delete
  6. I picked up more $1.99 Daiya and Ibotta gave a $.50 rebate for five even though it wasn’t the correct product. They only had a few cheddar style so I’ll check back again by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jre I will be waiting very much for your surgery updates. I go in tomorrow for my pre surgery MRI for my knee replacement scheduled for the week before Thanksgiving. I’m scared to death but can’t take the pain and loss of mobility anymore. Oh boy! I want to back out but know I can’t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited FIVE years for this. I will say the first day, after waking up from surgery was the worst day of my life. I've had exploratory abdominal surgery(which found a ruptured appendix), 3 childbirths(one of which was a C-section)and a gall bladder removal but this one? I thought I would die from the pain. I'm sorry if this scares you more but it's my experience. Deep Breathing doesn't help but mega doses of good drugs do to get you past it. Hopefully you won't have to fly or deal with the bullshit I did. You will get through this. Frances, a reader, was a great help that last week before, emailing me about what to expect. I have good days and bad, it's not a smooth ride back to normal, more like a cha-cha(2 steps forward/1 step back). Today I was cursing the world and using bad language like a sailor. Yes, not so much. Tomorrow is my 1st in person PT session with the Physical Terrorists. Can't wait....*not*. Just getting dressed and in the car and into PT then back again will be a massive workout for me I suspect. Don't expect to feel human for Thanksgiving either. lolz If my ornery ass can get through this, you can too! 8-)

      Delete
  8. Not to be worrying about the posts; we leave the porch light on for you. Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the surgery went well!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could hire out the PT work and my knee to someone else..... there I go again, not being Mary F'ing Sunshine. ;-)

      Delete
    2. You made me laugh out loud Sluggy, aka Miss Mary fking Sunshine!!!! 😆 Cindy in the South

      Delete
  10. Glad you're home and recovering! I will say, now that it's after, the surgery was a big deal, but then adding plane travel to the mix...yikes! I can't even imagine! Good luck with the PT...the evil necessity :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had both knees done at the same time. They got me up to walk the day of surgery. I was determined to recover. But i also discovered the wonders of Vicodin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found wearing loose shorts was the best for mobility after knee replacement surgery. Also, ice can be your best friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.