Monday, October 9, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "The Great Pumpkin is Coming" Edition.....  


Saw this massive free standing display of seasonal breakfast cereal at Walmart last week.  Looks like a sugary variation on Lucky Charms or something.

This is day 120 of the "diet".  Yay!

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar nor any white food(mostly).....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.  I am down an additional 40 lbs. since starting this eating plan(not counting the 8 lbs. I gained on the cruise and then dropped after coming home).  Haven't weighed the last few days so I might be a little lighter than 40 lbs.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
2. Monday--Grilled Salmon, Sautèed Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
4  Wednesday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Leftovers(Lasagna, etc.)
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
2. Monday--Grilled Salmon, Sautèed Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
4  Wednesday--a can of Soup, Leftover Cabbage, Hummus and Celery
5. Thursday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs
6.  Friday--Big Salad w/Chicken, Hummus and Crackers
7. Saturday--No Clue other than Yogurt in the am-Flying day

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  a hunk of Salmon
*  2 dozen Meatballs
*  2 Hamburgers

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs
*  Leftover Lasagna

Last week we spent $208.44 on grocery shopping for October.  
Grand Total shopping comes to $208.44 for October.   
There are 22 shopping days left in October.
The total is high at this point in the month because I won't be in any shape to shop once we get back from surgery so I packed in all the shopping the first week of the month.

I've earned $96.97 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $30.00 on Shopmium in October.
I've earned $5.75 on Alexa app in October.
I've earned $2.10 on Kroger Cash Back in October.
I've earned 10,071 points from food shopping on Fetch in October.
I've earned 3,133 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October.
I've earned 1,084 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in October.

That is $134.82 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $208.44 of grocery spending so in reality it's $73.62 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 22.72% and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 22.72% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week...nothing.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--No Clue
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

This is surgery week in Ohio.  I am clueless about what we'll eat, but we will eat, no doubt.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy   

3 comments:

  1. Plan? I don't need no stinkin' plan (because I am not going to stick to it most weeks anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear me there is a cereal now? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.