Monday, October 2, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Dead People Running for Office" Edition.....  

Saw this political sign a few weeks ago then more began appearing.  I did a double take, then had to laugh thinking that a long dead VP and POTUS from Texas got dug up, taken across the state line and is now running for State Representative in Louisiana.  Hey, if political parties can have dead people on their voting rolls, why not a dead man running for office?  Oh, and LBJ changed ethnicity since the last election he won in 1964. 8-)

This is day 113 of the "diet".  Yay!

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar nor any white food(mostly).....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.  I am down an additional 40 lbs. since starting this eating plan(not counting the 8 lbs. I gained on the cruise and then dropped after coming home).

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--Tacos or Taco Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Quesadilla, some Veggie TBD
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburger, Corn on Cob
4  Wednesday--Lasagna, Salad
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Tacos or Taco Salad
2. Monday--bad Chimichanga out
3. Tuesday--Yogurt cup w/Flaxseed, Chicken Quesadilla
4  Wednesday--Stir-Fry Veggies with Cashews
5. Thursday--Lasagna, Salad
6.  Friday--Cheese and Crackers
7. Saturday--Cranberry/Walnut/Feta Salad, 2 Chicken Strips, Broccoli in Cheese Sauce

Most of the plan happened but not necessarily when it was planned to happen.  I made the Quesadilla(using some leftover roast chicken and the rest went into the freezer), the Lasagna and the Chicken strips meals.  Hubs was responsible for making the Tacos and his own dinners beyond the ones I cooked and any leftover meals.

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 bags of Ground Beef
*  Chicken Strips
*  2 boxes of Veggies 

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 3 bags of Chicken Strips
* 3 bags of Veggies
* Frozen Pizza(Hubs)
* 1 roll of Sausage
* 1 rope of Boudin(Hubs)

Last week we spent $67.42 on grocery shopping for September.  
Grand Total shopping comes to $508.12 for September.   
There are 29 shopping days left in October and I posted September's grocery totals on the blog already..

I've earned $135.10 on Ibotta in September.
I've earned $32.00 on Shopmium in September.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in September.
I've earned $8.00 on Alexa app in September.
I've earned $1.60 on Kroger Cash Back in September.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in September.
I've earned 1,497 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 1,933 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in September.
I've earned 35 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in September.

That is $176.70 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $508.12 of grocery spending so in reality it's $331.42.00 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 35.20% and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 36.61% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week...taco meat, lasagna.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
2. Monday--Grilled Salmon, Sautèed Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Cheeseburgers, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
4  Wednesday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Leftovers(Lasagna, etc.)
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

I'll cook the Spaghetti, Salmon and Cheeseburger meals.  He'll eat and do his own thing on other days or have leftovers from those meals. 

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I need nothing to fix the meals on the plan.  I may still do a little loss leader/stocking up shopping at Kroger this week but it shouldn't cost much.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy   

7 comments:

  1. My mother in law sent us home with a large dish of vegan chicken and rice last night so we’ll be eating that for lunch all week. There’s one more serving of chili and then I’m planning tortilla pizzas. I’ll make some kind of soup later in the week when we have more refrigerator space. She also sent half of a cake and a bunch of apples so it’s crowded in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you snagged some good eats there! Awesome....

      Delete
    2. Sure did! She always makes us a vegan version and no one else even tries it. Their loss and my gain. 😀

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of deceased presidents running for local offices. You just can't keep a "good" man down can you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the 40 pound weight loss. That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.