Monday, October 23, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table.....the October 23rd Edition

 The "I'm Ready for My Closeup Mr. DeMille" Edition.....  


Boy am I a mess!  Had Hubs take this picture on Thursday after we got back from the doctor's office for a wound check.  I feel so fashionable because my shirts now hang off one shoulder like all the cool kids. lolz  And everything I own(except the 4 new bras)don't fit.  At least no clothes are falling off(yet).  Back to PT this morning and then off to a new PCP in the afternoon.  Fun times....

This is day 134 of the "diet".  Yay!  If you can call what went on lately as a "diet".  Down 41 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again).

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--1 yogurt, 1 Chicken Strip
2. Monday--1 yogurt, No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--1 yogurt, 1 Chicken Strip
2. Monday--1 yogurt, Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Dinner(blech)
3. Tuesday--1 piece of Toast(nauseous), 1/2 Chicken Sub, Protein Drink
4  Wednesday--Yogurt Shake, 1/2 Chicken Sub, Veal Parm, Broccoli
5. Thursday--Zaxby's Cobb Salad
6.  Friday--Yogurt cup, 2 Catfish Strips, Green Beans, Cole Slaw,1 leftover Veal Parm, leftover Broccoli
7. Saturday--Yogurt Cup w/Flaxseed Granola, Sesame Chicken and Green Beans, 1 Apple, 1 spoon of Peanut Butter

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 Lean Cuisine Dinner
*  1 Chicken Strip
*  Box of Chicken Parms
*  Bag of Broccoli

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 bag of Meatballs
*  2 TV Dinners
*  2 boxes Ice Cream Cones(might give to Daughter)

Last week we spent $1.97 on grocery shopping for October.  We used some of that travel stipend that is left and there was a full price rebate on the bag of frozen meatballs.  There were 3 take-out meals(which made 6 meals for me).
Grand Total shopping comes to $210.11 for October.   
There are 8 shopping days left in October.

I've earned $138.62 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $30.00 on Shopmium in October.
I've earned $5.75 on Alexa app in October.
I've earned $2.10 on Kroger Cash Back in October.
I've earned 10,284 points from food shopping on Fetch in October.
I've earned 3,744 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October.
I've earned 2,294 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in October.

That is $176.47 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $210.11 of grocery spending so in reality it's $33.64 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 94.44% and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 41.44% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week...leftover Chinese takeout and rice.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--leftover Catfish and Green Beans, Pork Tenderloin
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

I am NOT menu planning, period.  I have earned the right not to in my mind at this point.  I am giving up control of meals to Hubs.  I will put in requests now and then.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

I may post sporadically after this one or I might not, depending on drugs and stuff. 

Sluggy   

9 comments:

  1. Looking good gurl! Dang, you have lost a lot of weight! Hope your PT continues with success! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you look great...woohoo!! PT will have you walking without that walker in no time, and then you can celebrate with a new wardrobe :) Go you...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to put little Dexter to sleep on Friday so not much of the normal planning around here. I have stuff to make salsa that should be used soon. Maybe that will happen today if the remaining cat will vacate my lap for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, Sluggy! Pretty soon you’ll be having to buy new clothes. That isn’t fun for me as I’m different sizes on the top and bottom. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great!
    Hope your knee is healing well and that you are having less pain each day. You will be walking again soon.
    When I had surgery for a broken ankle, I asked PT if I would be running a marathon soon. He asked if I had been running marathons before I broke my ankle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You look awesome! I’ll bet you feel better, too, in spite of the new hardware.
    I wish my husband would take over the cooking. His idea of cooking is ordering out or hotdogs or hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Look at you! Now go get some new duds!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.