Saturday, October 28, 2023

Frugal Friday...the October 27th Edition on Saturday

There are very few(if any)Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  Went to my old NP at the shit show clinic to get a wound check since the Pediatrician PCP refused to treat me.  The NP is a wonderful human being and we love her and she did me a big favor by checking my incision(it's fine btw)so I didn't have to spring that on the new PCP I was setting up with.

*  Went to a new PCP and this one, not being a Pediatrician by practice(and an A$$hole in personality)will be a much better fit.

*  While I'm complaining about stuff, my youngest child is the only one how checks in on me by phone every week.  My daughter who lives here can't be bothered to call or come over on the weekend and my estranged son never even responded to Hubs text letting him know I was having surgery.  Thank goodness I married a great man who has hardly complained about helping me out since we flew to Ohio.  He's my rock! 8-)

*  I went to PT 3 x this past week.  Man, does that wear me out and I usually need a nap in the afternoon.  Good thing I've hit all my deductibles and co-pays so I'm not shelling out cash for this service.

*  Grocery shopping this past week--


Last Sunday Hubs did the shopping with the list I gave him.
All the above would have cost $49.49 OOP except I still had travel stipend money for the surgery trip that was used.  I earned back $20.20 on Ibotta and another $7.24 for a free meatball offer.  I earned 600 Shopkicks for the ice cream, $3.24 on the ice cream again on Checkout 51 and 308 Swag Bucks on various items.
He also bought a head of Romaine and a clamshell of Strawberries which came to $1.97.(The strawberries were bought with the stuff above and were paid for using the stipend cash, the lettuce was paid for OOP.)

*  We got some takeout this week because I ain't in any shape to cook still.  I had a hankering for Chinese so I got garlic Green Beans and Sesame Chicken.  Those two containers lasted me 3 big meals.  We also used a BK gift card and go a $3 Whopper on Whopper Wednesday.

*  I found money!

Nope, skunked again, but then again I was in no condition to pick up change and I only went to PT and the doctor.

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.27

That's all I got. Gee, there was no frugal wins really(other than using up some lingering gift cards).

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Blogging will be taking a backseat to getting me healed so there might not be many posts here for the foreseeable future.8-)

Sluggy   

9 comments:

  1. Practical Parsimony Linda
    Finally, a good sale. Publix had bscb for $3.99/lb and Food Giant had bscb for $1.99/lb. Guess where I went? Since Tommy came out with two frozen packages, I sent him back for two more. When the meat is still frozen on the meat counter, I love that it can go straight into my freezer. bogo pb.
    I found Campbell's cream of chicken soup with no sodium for $1.99/can. I bought it despite the high cost. Elsewhere, the cream of chicken was $1 but there was no sodium free cans at that price.
    I cannot locate the receipt but there were other bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Practical Parsimony...are you ever going to update your blog?

      Delete
  2. I totally understand about the kids. I have four, three boys and a girl. Two sons check on me and care. Daughter, MAYBE …..she will and maybe she won’t, depending on her mood. She runs from lukewarm to cold. The middle son has serious psychiatric issues and depending if he is having what the old folks used to call a “bad spell” will attempt to physically hurt me, destroy things in house, and just go into all out psychotic rages that would be an Academy Award winning performance except, unfortunately, he is not acting. He also won’t take meds which is the real issue. Such fun. That is sarcasm. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Cindy. I hope that your middle son will get the help and meds that he needs.

      Delete
  3. Glad you found a good dr, and I'm glad your knee is healing well. Sorry about the kids, but I'm so glad that your hubby is there to help. Hope you have a good week, and I hope you are feeling a little better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not supposed to worry about frugality right now, just worry about getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jre I so agree, my unsolicited advice is get the hell out of LA, go where ever you want to and spend your kid’s inheritance. One of my favorite quotes from “Dr. Laura” ( not always in agreement with everything on her radio show) is “from now until dead is this what you want?”. It puts things into perspective. At many of our ages this should be a question to ask ourselves. And then act on it! I’m a work in progress on this. I’m finally getting tired of putting my kids (adults) first and worrying about them. My idea of a big happy Walton’s family has not materialized! Ha!

      Delete
  5. By the sound of it, you’re feeling much better and i’m so happy for you! Too bad about the kids but i always have hope that the one who’s a bit of a $hit will come around eventually. (I kind of have one of my own.) Thank God for good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your kids not checking up on you or helping out. Hope and pray they can come around and realize they only have one mother in this life. I lost mine 4 years ago and regret every eye roll, skipped phone call and assumption she'd be here for a long time while I got my act together and eventually come around to behaving like a normal adult, instead of a child around her.

    Hope you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.