Friday, October 20, 2023

Frugal Friday.....the October 20th Edition

There are very few(if any)Frugal wins this past week so here goes....

*  I got a free new toy in Ohio!

I am sure I will come to hate this thing as the weeks go by.......

*  Grocery shopping this past week--
I didn't buy anything.  Go me!  Groceries will happen going forward though.

*  We got some takeout this week because I ain't in any shape to cook.  Subway on Monday(lasted me 2 days)and Zaxby Zalad on Thursday.  I had .18¢ on a Subway gift card and paid for the whole Zalad with a Zaxby's gift card.  Big spender here!

*  Got home to find my new bras arrived.  Now I have four whole bras that fit(though it's hard to get them on right now with what my body is going through).  "The girls" are in no mood to be hoisted and shoved. ;-)

*  I found money!

Nope, skunked again, but then again I was in no condition to pick up change coming home from Ohio and once here I only went to PT and the doctor.
Let me just say that it is horrible that my PT place is right between a Chinese restaurant and a pizza joint in a strip mall......!

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.27

That's all I got. Gee, there was no frugal wins really(other than not shopping for food and using up some lingering gift cards).

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

My goals at the moment are modest.....just being able to lie in bed and sleep without pain.  2 nights in a row with very little sleep make me feel not-human.  sigh.

Blogging will be taking a backseat to getting me healed so there might not be many posts here for the foreseeable future.8-)

Sluggy   

9 comments:

  1. When I had my knees (1 at a time) done, I would put the surgical leg on top and on a pillow, laying on my side. I could sleep 4h at a time! I also slept with my ice machine on but it doesn't sound like you got one of those. They are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually done with walker after a week…then cane a week or 10 days then should be walking on your own

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for all the pain your in dear.
    I pray you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda Practical Parsimony
    If that toy has sliders on the back legs, it will be even more fun. You can buy those if your toy does not have them. I have graduated to a walker with a seat in case I give out.
    Those restaurants could come in handy. But, after PT I only wanted to lie down because of the pain I was enduring.
    No bargains I needed at any of the three stores where I mostly shop and get ads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a speedy recovery for you Sluggy. I hope that you'll be able to get some good, pain free sleep soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the new walker will help you get around better until your knee heals. I use one here too as needed and it really comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea your knee was replaced too! You should post about it!

      Delete
  7. Mom had both knees replaced at once and the first two weeks of her recovery was from Hell. She was in too much pain and in a very grumpy mode. After the weeks, it started to get better both for her and for me. The key is to do the exercises given to you diligently. I had a hard time convincing her to do those exercises but, once she started to do them, she recovered fairly quickly. She did not even have to go to the PT. The doctor said her doing the exercises on her own was enough to support her recovery. Hang in there. You will be fine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. no one likes those damn things. See it as a temporary nuisance.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.