Monday, October 16, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table....the Oct. 16th Edition

  The "Who Wants to Eat?  Not Me!!" Edition.....  


My poor, pitiful knee on Friday morning before PT and the hellacious trip home via 2 plane flights.  I still have no appetite.

This is day 127 of the "diet".  Yay!  If you can call what went on last week as a "diet".

And I want to know how a person who didn't eat ANYTHING for two days at all and very little for three days gains close to 10 lbs.???  Maybe all the drugs and not being on a water pill helped?  Or my body actually hates me....

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--No Clue
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--half a Bob Evans Pecan Chicken Salad
2. Monday--other half of BE Pecan Chicken Salad, Turkey, Broccoli and Carrot meal
3. Tuesday--Olive Hummus and Pita Chips
4  Wednesday--Nothing
5. Thursday--a banana, half a yogurt, a couple of Strawberries, some stir-fry veggies
6.  Friday--Nothing
7. Saturday--can of Soup

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

What got taken out of the freezer last week(at the hotel)...
*  4 chicken pot pies(Hubs ate all 4 over 2 days
*  1 bag of stir-fry veggies(Hubs ate most of this too)
*  1 Calzone(ditto Hubs)

What got put into the freezer last week(at the hotel)....
*  4 chicken pot pies
*  1 bag of stir-fry veggies
* 1 Calzone(hubs)

Last week we spent $0.00 on grocery shopping for October.  We went to Aldi(across the street)on Sunday for provisions and Hubs went to Turkey Hill next door for drinks for me(including the Gatorade Zero I had to drink the morning of surgery).  We used the prepaid travel stipend card to pay for all this so Zero OOP for us.
Grand Total shopping comes to $208.44 for October.   
There are 17 shopping days left in October.

I've earned $117.32 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $30.00 on Shopmium in October.
I've earned $5.75 on Alexa app in October.
I've earned $2.10 on Kroger Cash Back in October.
I've earned 10,141 points from food shopping on Fetch in October.
I've earned 3,144 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October.
I've earned 1,985 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in October.

That is $155.17 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $208.44 of grocery spending so in reality it's $53.27 in food spending after the 4 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 100% and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 35.55% spent.  

Leftovers going into this week...nothing.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--1 yogurt, 1 Chicken Strip
2. Monday--1 yogurt, No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4  Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

I have no "umph" to eat right now and I could care less about food.  I just want good drugs. lol
I am NOT menu planning, period.  I have earned the right not to in my mind at this point.  Food will be from the freezer, catch as catch can, or something ordered out if I feel like eating(which I don't right now).  I forced myself to eat chicken as protein is needed right now.  The yogurt was to keep the drugs from upsetting my stomach and because....yogurt.

And in other news, important updates....
Yes, the old digestive system is back and functioning sort of normal.  I hesitate to rely on Miralax or other remedies as my innards don't handle those well so we gutted it out the old fashioned way.
I know everyone was on pins and needles waiting to hear the thrilling news. lol  (For those you who consider this TMI, I don't know why you are here!)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

I may post sporadically after this one or I might not, depending on drugs and stuff.  I'll try to get a Frugal Friday post together but it certainly won't be as exciting as this update. *snort*

Sluggy   

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm, Linda Practical Parsimony here. Let me see if this works. Oh, I have a TMI post about my favorite topic. I don't like to take stuff to poop, either. Too rough. Congrats on the knee replacement. Hope you find plenty of good drugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda where have you been!? You mentioned getting a job so i thought that may be keeping you busy. Or selling on eBay and all those things you talked about doing for money. Or maybe getting your knee or back surgery?

      Delete
    2. Linda, I am/was so worried about you--you haven't posted for over a week! Let your readers know you are okay.

      Delete
    3. I think your 10 lbs is just due to lack of water pill and body trauma/stress from the surgery. You will probably show a big loss in a couple of weeks. Hope you heal well and fast!

      Delete
    4. I think Linda said neither of her two computers is working right at the moment so she isn't posting due to that reason.

      Delete
    5. If she’s messaging here you’d think her computers are just fine 🤷

      Delete
  2. It is the drugs, you are holding onto water, it is your bodies way of saying I don't like this and I will hold anything to survive. You will pee it out in the next couple of weeks. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read somewhere that the digestive tract can hold up to 25 pounds so that could explain the weight gain. My sister has issues and drinks several cups of Smooth Move tea every day. She said that it works better than medication.

    I made my favorite black bean sweet potato soup on Sunday and will probably make a pot pie today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a LOT of Poop!! lolz It has to be that or they put a 10 lbs. hunk of metal in me. 8-)
      Nothing sounds good to me(food)right now but I have to eat or throw-up. bleh

      Delete
  4. Poor knee!
    My sis-in-law has had both knees replaced this year, and she is doing a lot better now. So great to see her walking and enjoying life again. I wish the same for you.
    She would often elevate her knee with it on the back of the couch. She said that it helped more if it was above her heart. She liked those microwavable rice packs too. Hope that you find something that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T'Pol! It isn't speedy so far but I am being a compliant patient(so far).;-)

      Delete
  6. Hoping for a pain free recovery with lots of good drugs! Those are what cause the bathroom issues for me when I use them otherwise it's Imodium AD to the rescue. They need to sell that in gallon jugs. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.