Tuesday, September 26, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Growing Your Own Food....Sort Of" Edition.....  


There's been no rain here for a long time(until Sunday)but it's been muggy as heck nonetheless.  These huge toadstools popped up in the yard by the "Bubba Garage" the other day.  These are the first ones we've seen in the yard and for all intents and purposes this would comprise our garden this year.  I am not about to contemplate eating them however. lolz

This is day 106 of the "diet".  Yay!

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar nor any white food(mostly).....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.  I am down an additional 38 lbs. since starting this eating plan(not counting the 8 lbs. I gained on the cruise and then dropped after coming home).

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--grilled Steak, Spinach Soufflé
2. Monday--leftover Pork BBQ, Coleslaw
3. Tuesday--Quesadillas(using leftover Chicken), Veggie TBD
4  Wednesday--Cheeseburger(no bun), leftover Coleslaw
5. Thursday--?  Hubs is cooking
6.  Friday--Catfish, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Lean Cuisine meal

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--grilled Steak, Spinach Soufflé
2. Monday--Zaxby's Cobb Salad, Hummus and Crackers
3. Tuesday--leftover Pork BBQ, Coleslaw(on a roll)
4  Wednesday--Scrambled Eggs w/Cheese, 1 slice toast, Catfish, Brussels Sprouts
5. Thursday--Whopper Burger(no cheese), leftover Catfish
6.  Friday--3 spoons of Ice Cream, Stir-Fry Veggies w/Cashews
7. Saturday--a BLT sandwich, Cheese Ravioli

Most of the plan happened but not necessarily when it was planned to happen.  I made the Steak, BBQ and Catfish meals.  Hubs was responsible for his own dinners beyond the ones I cooked and any leftover meals.

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 Steaks
*  1 bag of Pork BBQ
*  2 bags of Catfish
*  1 bag of Brussels Sprouts
*  2 bags of Stir-Fry Veggies
*  a couple slices of Bread

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  4 Lean Cuisine meals
*  1 quart Ice Cream
*  1 bag of Pot Stickers

Last week we spent $132.88 on grocery shopping.  
Total shopping comes to $440.70 for September.   
There are 6 shopping days left in September.

I've earned $135.10 on Ibotta in September.
I've earned $32.00 on Shopmium in September.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in September.
I've earned $8.00 on Alexa app in September.
I've earned $1.60 on Kroger Cash Back in September.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in September.
I've earned 1,457 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 1,933 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in September.
I've earned 18 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in September.

That is $176.70 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $440.70 of grocery spending so in reality it's $264.00 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 34.25% and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 36.83% so far spent.  

Leftovers going into this week....some of that whole chicken, rigatoni and sauce, bbq, coleslaw, stir-fry veggies.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Tacos or Taco Salad
2. Monday--Bad Mexican Food(didn't finish it)b/c we had no power
3. Tuesday--Nothing(Hubs had a Lean Cuisine)
4  Wednesday--Lasagna, Salad
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--Leftovers or FFY or ?

I'll cook the Lasagna meal.  Hubs will cook the tacos.  He'll eat and do his own thing on other days or have leftovers from those meals.  The rest of the week is a crapshoot.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Beats me.  I have far greater worries at the moment than groceries.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.