Friday, September 8, 2023

Frugal Friday....the September 8th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!   

There are very few Frugal wins this past week but here goes......

*  Hubs and I went out Monday evening to trivia.

We hadn't been there for awhile and they had changed out the Guest Pagers when your food is done for these laminate cards.  They call your celebrity's name out when you need to pick up your food at the counter.  I got a salad(meh) and a water while Hubs got a "Kevin Bacon" burger and a beer.
We planned trivia and won 3rd place even though we blew the last 15 point question(had we not guessed on that one we might have won 1st place).
So now we've got $25 free food money for the next time we go to trivia there. 8-)

*  No grocery shopping except for $1.75 spent at DG Market for a can of crushed tomatoes.  I went to make Lemon Pepper Zucchini and Chicken on Sunday but didn't have any tomatoes.  Hubs went out and picked 1 can up so I could finish making dinner.

*  I found money! 

Nope.  Skunked again.  Only went to Trivia all week.

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year.......$3.05

That's all I got.  Just sitting home is frugal, right?

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy  

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you have some place to get out and have a little fun. I miss you so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No frugal wins here. Prices are going up and up, and gas jumped from 3.19 to 3.89 this week. Oh goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the cucumbers were done but noticed some blossoms this week. There was a full size cucumber and several little ones. I picked the big one and added the slices to an empty pickle jar.

    Kroger stopped selling the $.79 paper napkins so I bought a dozen cloth napkins about a month ago. We’ve used them every day and I haven’t had to buy the expensive napkins. Good for the environment but really I’m just too cheap to pay $4.99. 😀

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.