Monday, September 4, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "It's Election Season" Edition.....  

This rather large sign on a trailer appeared by the road we take to get to Walmart a few weeks ago.  Seems someone doesn't want Eric in law enforcement. lol  He sounds like a real "winner" if you go to that website....

This is day 92 of the "diet".  Yay!

My PCP is on board with this way of eating to reach a short term goal so no unsolicited advice on this eating plan please.  While I appreciate the concerns I am fine and I am losing weight.  I haven't had any sugar nor any white food(mostly).....bread, potatoes, rice, pasta since returning from the cruise on June 4th.  But I am holding fast to my plan anyway.....so far.  I am down an additional 35 lbs. since starting this eating plan.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week.......
1. Sunday--leftover Veggie Lasagna(Hubs ate his on Saturday so he FFY), leftover Garlic Shrimp
2. Monday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, leftover Meatloaf, Sautèed Squash
3. Tuesday--Grilled Salmon, Veggie TBD
4  Wednesday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Protein Drink
5. Thursday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, Catfish, Cole Slaw
6.  Friday--Yogurt, Lobster Ravioli in Beurre blanc sauce
7. Saturday--Stir-Fry Veggies

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--leftover Veggie Lasagna(Hubs ate his on Saturday so he FFY), leftover Garlic Shrimp
2. Monday--Yogurt w/Flaxseed, leftover Meatloaf, Sautèed Squash
3. Tuesday--Yogurt Drink, Catfish, Cole Slaw
4  Wednesday--2 Chicken Strips, Caesar Salad
5. Thursday--a BLT, leftover Catfish and Sweet Potato Fries
6.  Friday--cup(8 oz.)of Chocolate Milk for lunch, Veal Parmesan Patties(2, I was a real glutton that night!), Broccoli
7. Saturday--Yogurt, leftover Veal Parm patty, Stir-Fry Veggies w/Chicken

Most of the plan happened but not necessarily when it was planned to happen.

No going back to old habits and eating patterns for me!

I also drink, water, iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.  I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  2 bags of Catfish
*  Chicken Strips
*  6 Veal Parm Patties

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 lbs. of Ground Beef
*  4 lbs. of Chicken Thighs

Last week we spent $131.23 on grocery shopping(lots of dog food in this).  
Total shopping comes to $131.23 for September.   
There are 27 shopping days left in September.

I've earned $50.75 on Ibotta in September.
I've earned $13.00 on Shopmium in September.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in September.
I've earned $1.00 on Alexa app in September.
I've earned $0.00 on Kroger Cash Back in September.
I've earned $0 on Checkout 51 in September.
I've earned 246 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 141 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in September.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in September.

That is $64.75 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $131.23 of grocery spending so in reality it's $66.48 in food spending after the 6 rebate apps I count. 

My savings percentage for the last week was 30.85% and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 30.85% so far spent.  

Leftovers going into this week....1 helping of Sautèed Squash, pasta that Hubs cooked, and1 helping of Stir-Fry and Chicken.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke, Rice(or not for me)
2. Monday--yogurt cup, otherwise not sure, might go out
3. Tuesday--Grilled Salmon, CA Veggie mix
4  Wednesday--sm. cup of Chocolate Milk, Protein Drink
5. Thursday--yogurt cup, leftover Lemon Pepper Chicken w/Zuke
6.  Friday--yogurt cup, Caesar Salad(maybe some chicken on top)
7. Saturday--Lobster Ravioli w/Beurre Blanc, Brussel Sprouts

I'll cook the chicken, the salmon and the ravioli.  Hubs will eat and do his own thing on other days. Most of the leftovers(except the Lemon Pepper chicken meal) will become lunches for him. ;-)

I also drink, water(usually with lemon), iced tea(unsweetened), and the odd zero sugar soda or Zero sugar Powerade/Gatorade and keep my stomach full and it also keeps me hydrated.   I mostly stick with the water or unsweet iced teas with lemon added.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I bought the zuke and chicken thighs last week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy  

4 comments:

  1. This morning Monday Someone made pancakes which we haven't ate in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on losing 35 pounds, that is wonderful. I have salmon in our freezer too, so I need to add it to our menu this week,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaches and nectarines are ripe so I’ll eat several per day. We have leftover zucchini pizza and I pulled white bean soup and some kind of pasta from the freezer. That should cover most of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just put ten chicken thighs and four turkey thighs cooked in bbq sauce into the freezer, so that will work with baked vegetables for Tommy. I have not previewed the ads yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.