Saturday, July 9, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the July 8th Edition on Saturday

So here are the few frugal things that happened here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......

*  I only made 1 food shopping trip and it was to Weis.  I did get $9.25 in Ibotta rebates even though I just bought things we needed.

*  Used a free gift card to buy subs at Subway on my shot day as Hubs didn't deal with dinner that night.  He's been doing a lot of painting around here instead.

*  Spent a good deal of time this week cleaning and clearing out clutter instead of mindless spending and shopping.

*   I found money this past week! 


I found this penny walking out of Weis(PMITA)Markets last Friday.  That's the only place I went(other than R-A)all week.

Total Found in last Week.... .01¢
Total Found This Year.....$13.42

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  

Sluggy  

8 comments:

  1. I feel like I did well yo just buy what we needed this past week to force myself to use what we already have in the kitchen. Then I splurged on two books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I splurged on waterproof headphones. Worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing new around here. Planning around rain and drying everything outside. Just made veggie burritos with garden zucchini and a few tomatoes. Still working from home so buying gas.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only deal we got was bogo Cheerios and Kraft Cheese for $2.50 for 8 oz. chunk. Tommy insisted I buy him a gallon of milk where I bought the cheese, so I paid $2 more for a gallon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ours was mostly about using our garden ingredients. We had a super pricey weekend last week, thanks to an unexpected 24+ hour drive to pick up Sam, so the gas & one night hotel definitely threw the budget into chaos.

    We used a ton of garden items, and it always feels good to keep those from waste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a dime and two pennies this week and thought of you. I always think of you when I find coins now.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Subway used to be on every corner; nowadays they are rare as hens teeth around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a penny on my neighborhood walk and instantly thought of you. I was busy on Saturday ticking things of of my to do list, and Sunday was a wash. A true day of rest.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.