Saturday, July 2, 2022

Food Spending.....the 2022 June Report

 Onward to June's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JUNE 2022.

I have posted June's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in June.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods, Pet Food & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3(2-3 eating at home this month). No "kids" under 26. 
****************
ALDI
OOP  $18.24
Value  $25.85
Savings  29.44%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $29.53
Value  $55.94
Savings  47.21%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/Gift Cards  $802.44
Value  $802.44
Savings  100%

WALMART
OOP  $28.28
Qs/free Gift Cards  $33.57
Value  $61.75
Savings 54.36%

WEIS
OOP  $72.63
Qs/Sales  $30.58
Value  $103.21
Savings  29.63%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%,  Walmart at 54.36%, and Ollie's at 47.21%.
The worst rate was at Weis at 29.63%.  
I shopped at 5 different stores in June.

TOTAL Spent in June................$148.59
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards...$98.30
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased....$246.89
TOTAL Savings of .............................40.05%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for June w/R-A..............$148.59
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards w/................$900.74
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid...$1,049.33
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items....................85.84%

This closes out the June food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....As planned I stayed well un $350 for the month....heck, I stayed under $200!  Lots of eating from the freezer will do that for ya. ;-)

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 8.25% in June 2022 to 85.84% compared to the May's 77.59% savings average.  

With 6 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $1,581.22 on food/toiletries in 2022.

2021 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$1,581.22
2021 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$8,291.34
2021 Grand Total Saved...............................$6,710.17
2021 Yearly Savings Total..............................80.93%

The average per month amount spent is $263.54 in 2022.

LOOKING AHEAD To July 2022.......We'll continue to eat down from the freezer.  Not much left in the pantry so I know I'm making inroads there.  We'll be buying fresh produce/dairy as needed.  I've got to ramp up the eating down as we are shooting to put the house on the market later this month.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in June?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make a concentrated better effort to track our discretionary spending this month and next. I may not reach any savings, but need to better understand our true cost of living.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.