Friday, July 22, 2022

What's Going On at Chez Sluggy This Week? Frugal Friday....the July 22nd Edition

Lots of cleaning and clearing out this past week at Chez Sluggy.  Not much as far as frugality other than not going anywhere and/or spending money.

*  I made no food shopping trips or even a Rite-Aid trip since last Friday.  Hubs bought a watermelon and some rice side dish packets but that was it.  Not leaving the house is frugal, right?

*  I had Hubs take 2 boxes of books and 21 bags of fabric to Salvation Army this past week.  4 more bags of fabric are waiting to go and I'll continue to dig through my fabric stash to fill more bags to donate.

*  We used a gift card to buy Subway subs for dinner on Thursday as Hubs didn't want to deal with cooking.

* I met up with the lady who runs the auction at a local church on Monday to hands off 7 bags of new items for them to sell this coming Fall.

*  Ex-College boy came over last weekend to help me move tubs of items I am keeping into the garage, along with a coffee table Hubs refuses to get rid of(that we have never used).  I also loaded Ex-CB up with toiletries and some food items.  He's coming back next weekend to help power wash the outside of the house and I'll give him more stuff.

*  I got in touch with a local ceramic studio and they are interested in taking all my ceramic molds.  Giving them away is better than having to pay for a construction container and throwing them away.

*  I've filled two large bags for the Food Bank but they won't leave until next Friday.  That will give me more time to fill another bag too! ;-)

*  I got the closet doors by the front door painted.

Hubs just needs to realign them now.  I've got to sand down and repaint the posts on the front porch but that's my last painting assignment to go.

*  I've been using frozen foods for meals and trying my best to eat down the freezer.

*  I found NO money this past week!  Well, if you don't go anywhere you don't get a chance to find money. 8-((

Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found This Year.....$13.65

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  

Sluggy  




6 comments:

  1. You’ve been super busy! The closet doors look great. Good plan to give away the ceramic molds rather than pay to dispose of them. A lot of people are going to benefit from your very generous donations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much around here. Shredding and freezing zucchini and might roast the surplus tomatoes tonight. I need to wash some bedding and hang it outside during this heatwave.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the closet door looks. Nice and bright. We need our siding in the north side cleaned. It's got a weird color, but I worry pressure washing could dent siding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to leave the house to find money. It sounds like Sis has scared you. She is so bossy. 24 bags of fabric? You could have opened a store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, well, you're just humming along! That's so great that a ceramic studio is going to take your molds. It's nice to know they will have a second life instead of being tossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me tired just thinking about doing as much as you do! But, you are so much younger than I.

    I used two $4 coupons to buy Ziploc sandwich bags. Each box of 90 was $3.50, so tax was all I paid, 63 cents for 180 sandwich bags. That made me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.