Monday, July 18, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Veggies are Good for You" Edition....


I had to LOL at this and I sent it to Kim as she loves a good bakery good. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Fish, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Fish, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--Fend For Yourself
4. Wednesday--Fend For Yourself
5. Thursday--Fend For Yourself
6.  Friday--Hamburger no bun, Green Beans
7. Saturday--Cheese Ravioli

Hubs was vert restricted in what he could eat from Tuesday on.  I didn't make any big meal plans as we'd be eating different things so we just made humble quick meals.  I mostly had sandwiches(BLT, Chicken)or soup unless I cooked dinner at the beginning or end of the week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Not a danged thing again

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Fish
*  Ravioli
* 1 Hamburger Patty
                                                   
I spent $29.47 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Walmart and Weis.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $123.23 for July.  

There are 13 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $74.21 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $4.49 on Checkout51 in July.
I've earned $1.00 on Coupons dotcom in July.
I've earned 4,488 points from shopping on Fetch in July.
I earned 520 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July. 
I've earned $16.89 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.

That's $79.70 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $123.23 in grocery spending so in reality it's $43.53 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 42.72% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 42.35% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....
ravioli in sauce
Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Beef Stroganoff, Green Beans
2. Monday--Lasagna, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--whatever I pull out of the freezer
5. Thursday--ditto
6.  Friday--ditto
7. Saturday--ditto

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing as far as I know.  I'm sure I'll need to go to the grocery store for something this week but have no clue what at this point.
I've got a small smoked turkey breast in the freezer I want to roast this week.  Hubs will have lunch sandwiches most of the week from that and it will help empty the freezer too.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  The deals have been nonexistent around here for all of 2022. 


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. There are no good deals here either. I am not sure there will ever be what I consider good deals again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's going to be 97°. I'm going to throw chicken in crockpot to have ahead for the week, but even though I made a menu, nothing sounds good when it's this hot other than fruit and vegetables. I think wraps tonight with some chicken, or maybe an easy stir fry with rice. Definitely no oven. The air is running too much as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang right, I dream of the wall of bakery treats in Twin Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some ginger and sesame oil so going to try peanut noodles again. White bean soup sounds good for some reason so might make that despite temperatures in the 90s.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No good deals here this week and we could sure use some. I made chicken with bacon for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is movie/pizza night and I have ground beef thawing in the fridge for Wednesday and that is as far as I’ve gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a bogo on Miracle Whip! Rejoicing here!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.