Monday, July 11, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Pitiful Zombie Pansies" Edition....



This poor old flower refuses to die.  It's 4 years old now.  After the first Summer when we bought it, I had Hubs put it in a black garbage bag and hang it in the garage for the Winter.  Surprisingly after all that neglect it lived to bloom another Summer.  Rinse and repeat x2 and here it is again folks!  Thus we refer to them as the Zombie Pansies.
The plastic hanger straps buster year 2 so it's hung up with some twine now.  Might look trashy but it's my yard so nobody else has to look at it. 8-P


Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Breakfast for Dinner
2. Monday--Steak, Corn on Cob, Grilled Veggies, Pie, Watermelon, Almost New Pickles
3. Tuesday--Hot Dogs, Zucchini Tempura,  and leftover 4th of July stuff
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti, Meatballs, Salad
5. Thursday--FFY
6.  Friday--Bratwurst, Pierogi, Almost New Pickles
7. Saturday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Veggie TBD

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Breakfast for Dinner
2. Monday--Steak, Corn on Cob, Grilled Veggies, Pie, Watermelon, Almost New Pickles
3. Tuesday--Hot Dogs and leftover 4th of July stuff
4. Wednesday--Chicken Tenders, Grilled mixed Veggies
5. Thursday--Subway Subs
6.  Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Almost New Pickles
7. Saturday--I took a nap so Domino's! 8-)

I wasn't feeling the spaghetti, brats or pierogi last week so we made some substitutions.  I planned fish and sweet potato fries on Saturday later in that week, but I woke late from an afternoon nap so it was take-out pizza. yum yum

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Not a danged thing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Frozen Grilled Veggies
*  Steak
*  Chicken Tenders(I just cooked the whole bag)
*  3 Pork Chops
                                                   
I spent $14.60 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Walmart.  
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $93.76 for July.  

There are 20 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $45.73 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $2.49 on Checkout51 in July.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in July.
I've earned 4,070 points from shopping on Fetch in July.
I earned 500 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July. 
I've earned $8.88 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.

That's $48.22 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $93.76 in grocery spending so in reality it's $45.54 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 46.05% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 42.23% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....pizza, almost new pickles, watermelon.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Fish, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?
Hubs is having a dental procedure Tuesday so I'm not sure if he'll be on a special diet(liquids and/or soft foods)for this so I'll fix him his gruel then fend for myself OR there are no diet restrictions I'll turn to the freezer and we'll have a Surprise Menu.  How does that sound?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Only Houdini's Ghost knows and he ain't telling.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  The deals have been nonexistent around here for all of 2022.  And to add insult to injury not only did my bread outlet close down but the Amish outlet I frequented 3 or 4 times a year is gone too.  It's a sad time here for frugal food shopping....


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of leftover burrito filling but no more tortillas. Someone needs to go to the store or we can eat it with tortilla chips.

    A big bowl of peanut noodles is the other option at the moment. It turned out kind of bland but filling.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two pots of wave petunias that gave up the ghost. I noticed today the hanging pot has tiny leaves coming back. And, the seeds it dropped are sprouting. I can call these my resurrection petunias.
    There are no great deals around here this week. Cheese and Suddenly Salad were all. I only bought two of each.
    The bread I can eat and like went up at the bread store. Now, if is just as cheap to buy it bogo at Publix. In my town, both the bread stores closed during the last two years. You would think they would get enough business with people needing cheaper food and everyone home eating sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.