Monday, July 25, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Old People Party Too" Edition....



Still editing photos from our trip out West and came across this one from a gas station/convenience store we stopped at before leaving Idaho.  It spoke to me. lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Beef Stroganoff, Green Beans
2. Monday--Lasagna, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--whatever I pull out of the freezer
5. Thursday--ditto
6.  Friday--ditto
7. Saturday--ditto

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Green Beans
2. Monday--Sausages, Pierogi
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Subway sandwiches
6.  Friday--Leftover Stroganoff, Rice, Green Beans
7. Saturday--Chinese Take-Out

Hubs had his stiches out so can eat freely again. oh goody. lol  I didn't make the lasagna as it has been so hot here lately.  2 nights of take-out since....heat.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Not a danged thing yet again

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1/2 of a London Broil
*  Bag of Green Beans
*  Pack of Sausages
*  Bag of Pierogi
                                                   
I spent $38.83 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week at Walmart and the Produce market.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $162.06 for July.  

There are 6 shopping days left in July.

I've earned $95.14 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $4.49 on Checkout51 in July.
I've earned $4.00 on Coupons dotcom in July.
I've earned 4,626 points from shopping on Fetch in July.
I earned 1230 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July. 
I've earned $16.89 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.

That's $103.63 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $162.06 in grocery spending so in reality it's $58.43 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 56.01% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 46.34% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....some sausages and pierogi and a hamburger.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover Chinese Food or FFY
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Squash Casserole
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Lasagna, almost new Pickles
5. Thursday--Applebee's for Lunch(no dinner)
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I dug into the freezer and found some breaded chicken patties and thawed that smoked turkey breast for Hubs to slice and make sandwiches for lunch.  I bought cukes and yellow squash at the Produce Market on Sunday and will use them this week.  Whatever Saturday's meal turns out to be I'll pull something from the freezer and/or hit the store for fresh produce. If I spend anything on groceries it should be a minimal amount and my spend for the month should stay under $200.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  The deals have been nonexistent around here for all of 2022 so this is a LOL question. ;-)


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I ordered Chinese food last night and picked up discounted breadsticks today. That plus leftover Peanut noodles will cover part of the week. Probably something with tomatoes and zucchini later.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great t-shirt. Just talked to Sissie and I think she was going to call you and boss you around. so beware

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having curry, chicken fajitas, and anything else still lingering in the fridge before we head out of town. Zero chance we're going to use up all of the tomatoes, so I've warned my sister that 1/3 of my suitcase will be tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt fits us these days. I have a lot of meatballs and some odds and ends so think they'll go in a few things. It's not wretchedly hot but still am not wanting the oven on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "party" lots around here. I "partied" for 4.5 hours this afternoon after no sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s been a while since we had Chinese food from out of the house, it sounds delicious. I made chicken sandwiches for dinner tonight from the Aldi red bag chicken. They are always a big hit here.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.