Friday, July 15, 2022

Frugal Friday....the July 15th Edition

So here are the frugal things that happened here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......

*  I only made 1 food shopping trip and it was to Walmart and I spent $24.48. I did get $18.48 in Ibotta rebates even though I just bought things we needed or were free that I could give to the food bank.

*  I had Hubs take a box of food/toiletries to the food bank and 2 boxes of items to Salvation Army this past week.  I already have started gathering 2 more boxes of donations for both places.

*  I used some free gift cards at Ocean State Job Lot to procure 10 storage tubs.  I've spent some time filling 5 of them this past week and storing them in the garage.

*  I received 2 x $5 rebates from Blue Diamond almonds via virtual gift card.  Offer is valid until the end of August and you must buy 2 cans per transaction and submit a photo of your receipt to their website.  The information is HERE.  There is also a sweepstakes running too and if you do the rebate you get entered into that as well.

*  I called the lady from the Church auction we got to each Fall to see if she wanted a donation of gift and toiletry sets to sell.  An emphatic yes! and I'll be handing it all off to her on Monday.

*  Hubs had dental surgery on Tuesday so my meal plan has been nonexistent this week.  We've been eating whatever we have here mostly.  Strange meal combos but we are getting fed and eating down some of our supplies.

*  I had my nephew come over this past week and gave him lots of food and toiletries from the stockpile.  He was hesitant to take so much but I told him if he doesn't take it now it's going elsewhere so we can move.

*  I got out the Christmas presents I've collected so far this year.  I've wrapped and separated all the items for my nephew, my two sons and their wife in one case and their SO in the other case.  I'll give them everything before we move with instructions not to open anything until Christmas so I don't have to pay to move all this and then SHIP it back here! lolz

*  I also gave Sissie a bag of goodies and shipped Kim a box.  These were their early Xmas presents and less to move. '-)

*  I purposely did NOT redeem a free $10 gift certificate to one of the online plus size clothing shops I had.  There is nothing I want/need to buy right now plus that $10 would cover shipping with a couple dollars left over to go toward an item.  Just didn't make sense to use it.

*  I rolled and/or converted some Bonus Cash that was expiring this past week at Rite-Aid.  Just slowly spending it all down as we get ready to move and there are no R-As near where we plan to go.

*  I found a $5/$15 Smokey Bones coupon and gave it to one of my Rite-Aid friends who likes that place since I'm not going to use it.  I also brought her some toiletries on one of my trips to R-A this past week.

*   I found money this past week! 

                
Found this penny last Sunday in the parking lot at Ocean State Job Lot.


Then I found these two dimes on the floor in front of the register on Tuesday at Rite-Aid.  On the way out of the store I found the penny on the sidewalk in front of the door.


This penny was found near the register at Rite-Aid again on Thursday.

Total Found in last Week.... .23¢
Total Found This Year.....$13.65

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!  

Sluggy  

7 comments:

  1. The move seems imminent. Have I missed something? Where are you moving? There is nothing of note on sale here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spread the stuff around and get it out of your life. Double win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you down sizing. I be the food banks love to see you pull in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some Incogmeato sausages that ended up being better than free. $2.99 on sale with $2 peel off coupons and Ibotta had a $1 rebate. I know you do it all the time but it almost never works with the stuff I buy.

    Other than that just eating zucchini and tomatoes from the garden every day. Picked some basil just now to spice things up.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work passing on your bounty, and decluttering ahead of the move!

    I actually had a great trip this week (and, by that, I mean my husband, who had a list, because I have COVID). I'm impressed he pulled it off, but I had three free items - a Friday Freebie $$ protein bar, a dozen eggs, and an avocado. You had to spend $10, and I had a gift card for the $10. We bought a few things we needed, and got the three freebies. I swear, freebies are unheard of these days, so it was a nice win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week, Sluggy. Good plan to give things away before your move. Like everyone else said, they love to see your coming. I hope this is another good week for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Church auction! what a notion! I would want to give plenty

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.