Monday, January 31, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "I Know How to Party" Edition...



Sorry this post is so late in the day but I've been sleeping as I started off the week Sunday evening by having a Sleep Study at the hospital. Nobody can sleep any length of time doing one of these for I've been catching up.
Go me!
My oxygen concentrator, which I owned outright, puffed out it's last O2 and went to the great concentrator graveyard in the sky back in October.  Since it had been over 8 years since my full blown study, insurance wouldn't let me do a home sleep study to see if I still need a concentratr.  As I haven't used oxygen with my BiPAP machine for almost 4 full months with no ill effect, I suspect I really don't need the oxygen support any longer(having lost 120 lbs. since 2013 probably has a lot to do with it).
But I bet insurance decides I still need a concentrator and wants to rent me one at an exorbitant rate per month anyway.  It's a good thing we've met our deductibles or this would have been a very expensive exercise in futility of not sleeping.
Glad it's over and bet your bottom dollar that I refuse to pay to rent a new concentrator!

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned......
1. Sunday--Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Roast Carrots, Potatoes
2. Monday--Pizza, Salad
3. Tuesday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
4. Wednesday--Chicken Salad
5. Thursday--Leftovers? or No Clue
6.  Friday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
7. Saturday--Leftovers?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Roast Carrots, Potatoes
2. Monday--Pizza, Salad
3. Tuesday--Turkey, Mashed Taters, Mixed Veggies, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday--Leftover Beef Stir-Fry w/Noodles
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6.  Friday--Leftover Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Roast Veggies
7. Saturday--Mac and Cheese w/Broccoli

Nothing very exciting here.  Used up a few of those hella inexpensive frozen meals I found at Walmart last week so moving meals not fixed because of that to this week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  8 tv dinners
*  1 bag of fake sausage patties
*  2 boxes of fish filets 

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  2 turkey tv dinners
*  a pizza
* 1 mac and cheese/broccoli tv dinner.ll

I spent $55.89 on food/toiletries/HBA the last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $321.18 for January.  

There are 0 shopping days left in January.  

I've earned $316.48 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $5.39 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $28.50 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 15,974 points($15.97) from shopping on Fetch in January.
I earned 2,255 Kicks($9.02)from food shopping on Shop Kick in January. 
I've earned 2,019 SB($20.19) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in January.

That's $350.37 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $321.18 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$29.19 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.  
rah...

My savings percentage for the last week was 80.55%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 67.39% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Beef Noodle Stir-Fry, Roast Chicken, Brussel Sprouts

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--I didn't eat(see above), don't know what Hubs had
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff, leftover, Brussels Sprouts, Rice
4. Wednesday--Fish, Cole Slaw
5. Thursday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
6.  Friday--Homemade flatbread Pizza, Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing really except dog food for the puppies.  The freezers and fridge are packed to the gills now.  February will be a pantry challenge....at least will start off as one. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Other than that Walmart frozen meals surprise I've gotten no good meat/seafood deals since last Fall.


Sluggy

  

5 comments:

  1. I love your pink blouse! I need to lose a bit over 120 lbs, but would settle for that loss.

    The doctor wants me to have a sleep study. But, Tommy would be driving home after dark and driving with nothing but carbs in him when he returned to get me. Both are scary. I wore the oxymeter at home for the basis of my having an oxygen concentrator.

    I have ground beef thawed, fajita meat cooked, a pork tenderloin, So, I had better start cooking something! Maybe meatloaf, pulled pork sandwiches. Tommy is using the meat for lunches in a spinach wrap with cheese, and lettuce with balsamic vinegar drizzled over it.

    I have everything to make soup again, a meatloaf, slaw with the pulled pork. I mostly need bananas and maybe halos.

    The ads are not out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a pizza to eat for lunch, and planning on taco salad for dinner. Breakfast generally is avocado toast and a protein shake. Lots of hot tea, water, and of course my coffee in the morning. Not a lot of food deals at all. I went to buy chicken breast for my pizza, and not one in sight. I had to settle for italian chicken sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this week for the New Year we are having dumplings and long noodles, which I read are good things to have on the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sleep with a cpap too. I took a sleeping pill before my sleep study. LOL it was the only way I could sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.