Thursday, January 6, 2022

It Ain't Easy Out Here for A Pimp, er...Couponer

Last Wednesday was not my day in the least.

I hit Walmart to do the deals.  Took over an hour to find what I wanted to buy take home, then to the self checkouts. I did 2 transactions(non-Ibotta stuff on one, Ibotta stuff on the other).  After transaction #1 I went digging in my purse for my wallet.  NO wallet! WTF?!?!

So I told the self-checkout manager I had to go check my car for my wallet and I'd be back so she suspended my transaction so once I had my wallet I could go to the CS and check out there.  I have been known to remove my wallet(especially if I stop and get gas)and just lay it on the passenger seat,  I hobbled off to my car using my cane and again, NO wallet!

I go back in and tell the manager it's not in the car and it may have been stolen out of my purse in the store.  I also say I have a gift card on my phone but it's not enough to pay for everything and she said to go to Customer Service first to report the theft, then come back and I could then remove some items until I had enough on the gift card to cover what was left.

So I hobble over to CS and of course there was a loooong line.  While in line I tried calling Hubs to see if he was home and to let him know what was going on.  Got his voicemail but he called me back and after explaining my difficulty he said wait, let me see if you left your wallet on your desk.  Thankfully my wallet WAS THERE!(Just thinking about cancelling credit cards, getting new driver's license and losing all the cash in my wallet was making me a little sick!)So Hubs agreed to come bring me my wallet so I could buy everything in my cart.

So I sat in the Subway right by the door and waited what seemed like forever for him to arrive and that way I wouldn't miss him coming in.  A big thanks and off he went back home.

I went back to my cart and there was a new self-checkout manager now. ugh.  I pointed to my cart and explained I was here to finish checking out.  They had voided my transation totally and un-bagged almost a full cart full of stuff! double ugh.  So I wheel the cart up to a vacant register(after picking out stuff people in line waiting to check-out had dumped in my cart while I was gone and had to rescan everything in my first transaction.  Got that done and did the smaller Ibotta load transaction.  Of course I was so rattled now I forgot to use my 2 whole coupons so off to CS desk I went again to wait in another loooong line.  Finally got to the front and got my "post coupons"(this is the CSM who gave me $6 instead of $2.05 I was expecting....after all this I wasn't going to argue and go back in the store after I pulled the cash from my coat out at the car). 

As I left the CS desk to exit the store I realized I didn't have my cane in my cart!  So over to the self-checkout area to ask if anyone had turned in my cane from the register I had used a bit ago.  Luckily someone had and I was reunited with the cane and FINALLY got out of Walmart.

After all that I decided to just go home instead of running more errands.  I figured the way my day was going pushing it would just result in more clusterf**ks.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done! lolz

Just wanted to post this so y'all know even "I" have terrible days out there in Couponing Land sometimes.  It's not all rainbows and unicorns for any of us......

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. What a day!
    Glad your wallet and cane were found, so at least that was one less worry, and I'm glad you were able to get your ibotta deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing about loving to read obituaries (and although it may seem weird, I find them mostly so inspiring! I tell you when the greatest generation is gone I don’t know. You read about their 60 year marriages, service to country, but so much service to their community and many are plain out hilarious. While being so loving!). So I think you could go online and read the Minneapolis Tribune for January 2. And search for this one.. To paraphrase “he was frugal slowly evolving from a requirement to survive to humorous……… clipping and organizing coupons in an old velveeta box….. always knowing where the cheap gas was but mostly “looking for coins everywhere, pay phones, vending machines,”always keep your head down looking for coins” ..were dreaded by his children loved by his grandkids”! It ended “in honor of our dad we would like everyone to check vending machines and pay phones (if you can find one) for loose change and of course keep your eyes on the ground”.ha! There was so much more to his accolades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had issues at Walmart, but really glad you did not have to cancel cards forget a new license.
    I probably would have just left everything, come home, and eaten chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was becoming tired just reading that. I agree with what you did--go home. No use tempting fate to finish off your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap how frustrating, I hate days like that, thank goodness they are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate days like that! Glad your wallet wasn't missing.
    Note to self : DO NOT drink any beverages when checking Sluggy's blog. Your heading & photo made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a relief that your wallet was home. I have had days like this.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.