Monday, January 10, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "My Jar Runneth Over" Edition...

I shared this on FB yesterday.  My swear jar "might" be a tad more filled than above but the history/genealogy jar?  Pretty much right on....lol

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned......
1. Sunday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Hawaiian rolls
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm, Baked Sweet Potato, (Pasta for Hubs only)
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--? Hubs' night to cook
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Hawaiian rolls
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner(Bacon, Pancakes)
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Meatloaf, Honey Ginger Carrots
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out
6.  Friday--Leftover Chinese
7. Saturday--Leftover Meatloaf, Carrots

Nothing very exciting here, just plain old cooking.  I've still got a LOT of carrots to use up from the 8 lb. bag I bought for Christmas dinner so they will be appearing again and again in some form or another. ;-)

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Not a thing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Bacon
*  Cheese
*  Ground Beef

I spent $55.50 on food/toiletries/HBA the last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $55.50 for January.

There are 21 shopping days left in January.  

I've earned $101.51 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $8 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 451 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I earned 1,265 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January. 
I've earned 10 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in January.

That's $109.51 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $55.50 in grocery spending so in reality it's -$54.01 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.  Yay me.....

My savings percentage for the last week was 66.71%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 66.71% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week....1 helping each of Meatloaf, Carrots and Broccoli Cheddar Soup.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken Parm, Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
2. Monday--Butternut Squash Ravioli w/Béchamel, Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Homemade flatbread Pizza, Salad
5. Thursday--? Hubs' night to cook
6.  Friday--Some sort of soup or stew
7. Saturday--?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Nothing.  I got it covered(except maybe Hubs' night to cook).
I do plan to pick up a couple of things anyway to reach my Ibotta $10 Bonus for Jan.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy

  

5 comments:

  1. I am trying to cook just what is needed for our dinner, but it is not working. Leftovers seem to be a daily thing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week went pretty well for the most part. Thus week is all about easy as i got diagnosed with severe bronchitis yesterday and have been feeling like crap. Tonight it's chicken noodle soup (out of a can) and grilled cheese. Nobody better complain either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting back to cooking proper meals once again, and find planning them is much more convenient than winging it.

    Friday night we had Sushi delivered.
    Saturday night, I made a mozzarella chicken bake with a sweet sausage marinara I cooked in the crockpot all day.
    Sunday we made pasta with left over sweet sausage marinara.
    Monday (tonight) I'm making crockpot lemon, garlic, and butter chicken thighs with rice.
    Tuesday - Friday ? (unplanned so far.)
    I am sure we will order pizza and wings at least one night this week, and I'd like to do something mexican-ish one night.

    We have a bunch of Tater Tots from the holidays I need to use up. We makde Tater Tot waffle hashbrowns for breakfast on the weekend, but I'd like to find creative dishes to use them in for dinner sides.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It went pretty well last week. This week, I am having Tofu Stir Fry, Bean and Cheese Burritos, Veggie-Cheese Scrambled Eggs, and Berry Crisp. I'm running low on some items, but am determined to shop the pantry as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new ads are out, but I have not made a list of the items on sale, the only items I will buy. This last week, the highlight of ads was the bscb for $2.50/lb.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.