Friday, January 7, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the January 7th Edition

 So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste so far. ;-)  The VA ham got cut off the bone and the bone will be utilized in a ham and bean soup soon.  Lots of the ham went into the freezer as well.  We have a few bits and bobs from the Holiday to polish off for lunches and snacking still.

*  I did a few Rite-Aid transactions this week.......


I still have to figure the finally number on this(maybe tomorrow?).  Basically I cashed out mostly or fully on 3 cards, utilizing Bonus Cash and a free R-A gift card.  I got a little BC back on 2 of the cards plus I got Ibotta rebates, a Swag Bucks rebate and Coupons dotcom monies.

*  I forgot to mention I sold something the previous week on eBay, the day after Christmas.  I had a different person offer me 25% LESS for this item the week before Christmas with the caveat that I could guarantee it's arrival by Christmas.  As I am not in charge of the USPS that was a hard no.  Plus this person had NO feedback and had just signed up the day they tried to buy the item. lol  Just goes to show you, don't jump at the first offer since I got full asking price from the other buyer. ;-)

*  I got a bag of almost free dog food at Walmart from Shop Kick.....

I paid $5.98 + tax, got $4.08 back on SK and $2 back on Coupon dotcom, so it cost me .28¢ in sale tax.

*  I bought 10 bags of this on NYE at Walmart when everything Xmas went to 75% off.......


10 bags of pecans in the shell for .50¢ each so $5 total.  These normally got there for $3.98 a bag so these were a great deal because we all know how expensive pecans are, right?! ;-)

*  I also bought this stuff at Walmart yesterday to finish off my Weekend $5 Ibotta Bonus....


The only thing missing is the box of Entenmann's mini cakes(which Hubs took).  The Palmer's shampoo and the 2 Revlon items weren't Ibotta offers but were on clearance and gave me $1.55 in overage after coupons.  The Palmer's shampoo WAS an Ibotta offer but also on clearance of $1.09 so that gave me $1.82 in overage as well.  I think the $1 Bumble Bee tuna pouch attached to the any soup offer as well as the .25¢ BB tuna offer.  I spent $4.39(.30¢ of that was sales tax)in cash after $20 in free SK and Ibotta gift cards.  I earned $16.38(including the weekend bonus and the .03¢ back for using $5 in Ibotta funds to buy a gift card-which also gave me an item toward my bonus)for this transaction.

*  I stayed home 4 of the last 7 days so I didn't spend anything then.

*  While I was out that way I hit the Produce Market instead of going to Weis(PMITA)in my town as foodstuffs there are much cheaper except for Weis loss leaders. I probably saved double what I spent there on fresh veggies and lunchmeat.
On a very sad note, I went to the shop next door to the Produce Market, my Bread Outlet only to find that is was GONE!! argh  Let's all bow our heads in mourning for that.  Having to pay full retail for bread products might just kill me.......*sniff*

*   I found money!

Both of these pennies at my Rite-Aid, one in the store....

The other in the parking lot.  Guess which one is which. lol

After hitting a R-A in a nearby town I hit Burger King there for a $2 Whopper deal on my app(using my free gift card to pay so there's a win within a win).
Under the drive-thru counter proved to be a honey hole of change!  I was able to scoop up most of it while the cashier tried to run my BK gift card(BK gift cards always take awhile to work).  Mostly pennies but throw in a dime and a nickel and I was up .24¢ there.


Then on Thursday I hit another R-A trying to use up my Bonus Cash before it expired/the snow came and found this dime by the front counter.  Yes!

Total Found in last Week...... .36¢
Total Found This Year...... .36¢

Not a bad start for 2022!


That's about all I've got for this week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Great deal on the pecans and the almost free dog food. Sounds like a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread stores hung in longer than any around here. It's been nearly 10 years since I've seen one and it was a help when three kids were home, plus the extras. I'm slowly figuring out Ibotta so might give a couple hours to figuring out wheeling and dealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not found my pecan yet! My favorite bread store closed and I was devastated. THEN, the one I don't like but will shop closed also. What is with this? One store had been there for 40 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your found money stories. You are eagle eyed!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.