Monday, January 3, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Hey! Where did my Stollen go?" Edition...

 A couple of weeks ago when Hubs and I were in Aldi I asked him if he had bought me a Stollen for a Christmas present(as I had asked him to).  He said no, so I picked one up.
Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped this gift from him Christmas morning!  No, he had not lied to me about not having bought one.  He had snuck into the garage and found the one I bought, wrapped and put it under the tree as being from him.   What a rat!

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, leftover Roasted Veggies
3. Tuesday--leftover Lasagna, leftover Roasted Veggies
4. Wednesday--Assorted Leftovers
5. Thursday--Assorted Leftovers
6.  Friday--Late Lunch out at KFC
7. Saturday--More Leftovers or FFY

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 packs of chicken cutlets

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  3 Pork Tenderloins

I spent $0 on food/toiletries/HBA the last 3 days(January). This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $0 for January.

There are 28 shopping days left in January.  

I've earned $0 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 0 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January. 
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.
I've earned $0 from food shopping on Tada in January.

That's $0 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Tada/Fetch)on $0 in grocery spending so in reality it's $0 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.  Yay me.....

My savings percentage for the last week was %(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 0% so far(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week....from the Christmas dinner fare we still have salt cured VA ham, 1 pack of Hawaiian rolls, mac and cheese plus appetizers like cheese ball, salsa, Mexican white sauce, tortilla chips, crackers and olives.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Hawaiian rolls
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm, Baked Sweet Potato, (Pasta for Hubs only)
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--? Hubs' night to cook
6.  Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

We'll be eating leftovers from Christmas still but otherwise I think I'll just pull whatever I can reach out of the freezers this week instead of having a plan.  Ok, so just blindly pulling from the freezer IS a plan, right? ;-)
Can you tell I am still in vacation mode when it comes to meal planning/cooking? lol

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  The only items we don't have are salad greens and milk.  As the week goes on I'll see if we will need these for a meal and then buy them.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy

 

5 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! I cannot believe your hubby wrapped your stollen! LOL How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still in Turkey Mode since I cooked it very late in the week, well after Christmas. And, Tommy just gets whatever he can. I am not hungry or in eating mood. He finally finished the last of his chicken Italian sausages. My plan is to stay out of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sneak!! Being that I am planning on a move out-of-state, will need to eat up my pantry, I'm shopping the pantry, but it is looking a little sparse. BUT I think this week, I'm having Tofu fajitas, roasted veggies, tuna salad and hard boiled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dan, that was a good one and he saved money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drinking some hot tea when I read your tale about the stollen. I had to clean the screen before I could respond!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.