Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Food Spending 2022....The January Report

   Onward to January's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JANUARY 2022.

I have posted January's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in January.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2-3 eating at home this month). No "kids" under 25. 
*****************
ALDI
OOP  $5.80
Value  $10.50
Savings  44.76%

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $26.95
Value  $61.93
Savings  56.48%

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $3.12
Value  $7.48
Savings 58.29%

MALACARI'S
OOP  $25.11
Value  $40.15
Savings  37.46%

OCEAN STATE
OOP  $12.99
Value  $16.97
Savings  23.45%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/Gift Cards  $915.97
Value  $915.97
Savings  100%

WALMART
OOP  $230.26
Qs/free Gift Cards  $597.41
Value  $827.67
Savings  72.18%

WEIS
OOP  $12.56
Qs/Sales  $
Value  $20.28
Savings  38.07%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, Walmart at 72.18%, and Dollar Tree at 58.29%.
The worst rate was at Ocean State at 23.45%.  
I shopped at 8 different stores in January.  

TOTAL Spent in January................$321.18
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards...$663.80
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased....$984.98
TOTAL Savings of .............................67.31%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for January w/R-A..............$321.18
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards w/................$1,579.77
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid...$1,900.95
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items....................83.10%

This closes out the January food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....It was a GREAT lower spending month!  Spent a bit more than expected but still well under budget.  Plus I'll get all that rebate money plus more in December.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 2.10% in January 2021 to 83.10% compared to the December's 81.00% savings average.  

With 1 month accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $321.18 on food/toiletries in 2022.

2021 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$321.18
2021 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$1900.95
2021 Grand Total Saved...............................$1,579.77
2021 Yearly Savings Total.............................83.10%

The average per month amount spent is $321.18 in 2022.


LOOKING AHEAD To February 2022.......
February is a total unknown.  Yes, I am trying to eat from the stockpile and freezers.  If this wedding and eating out doesn't derail the month I'll be happy with whatever we spend(or don't).  I've still got Bonus Cash and R-A gift cards and have been doing more shopping at Walmart as opposed to Weis(PMITA)Markets.  With unpredictable bad weather I may need to stay in town so Weis will get the bigger bite on my food spending.


If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in January?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to track better. I'm not going to factor in coupons, Ibotta, Fetch or anything else-too much for my brain to handle. Eventually if I get a pay out, I'll add to my side gig tracking. I'll just track what I actually spend. I'm at just above $424 for January-higher than I want but I'm doing a self imposed February challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... now I am curious about Kathie's comment... I hardly bought any groceries, and this house is still full of food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have barely kept it at our budget. We budget $600 for the month, If we did not drink so much soda or Gatorade we would do so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is going to be harder and harder for folks, especially those with kids at home to stick to their 2021 budgets. It seems that every time I go to the store prices are increasing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am religiously tracking EVERY dime we spend. I think that has really helped me stay on track. Hub's OTR expenses were far higher than usual. Not his fault as he had a lot of breakdowns in January. I have not set an official dollar amount for our budget lines. This year I am 100% focused on "mindful spending." With few exceptions, if we don't need it, we don't buy it. I think it is the only way to fight back against the current inflation levels.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.