Friday, February 4, 2022

Frugal Friday....the February 4th Edition

This was the view out the front door this morning.  Since then it's been snowing.  I won't be going anywhere anytime soon so no money spent. rah.

So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste so far. ;-)  We've got lots of leftovers this week to use up or repurpose.

*  I used 3 expiring $2 rewards at Subway to get us lunch on Thursday along with part of a gift card. 

 I saw I also had a free Birthday cookie in my Subway account so Hubs picked that up too. ;-)

* I bought about $12 in stuff on a trip to Weis.  That was my only food shopping trip for the week.

*  I did about 4 Rite-Aid transactions this week utilizing BC, Catalinas and coupons.......


*  On Wednesday Hubs and I had a lunch out at Applebee's using a Xmas gift card from Sonya.  I "went outside my lane" as they say and ordered something new(uh oh), a small steak.  It was overcooked and I couldn't cut it(the dull knife they gave me didn't help any either).  I gave my plate to Hubs to attempt to cut the steak.  This piece of meat shouldn't have been served.  I've had tough and chewy steaks before as well as grisly ones and sinewy ones but there was an artery/vein tube that ran through the center of this steak!  You couldn't cut the tube(think rubber hose)or cut the meat away that was edible from around it.  Called the server over to send it back for an edible piece of meat.  Manager brings new steak over along with a new knife(just as dull as the old one though)and I cut into that one.  Not much better but at least there was no hose in it and it was chewable.

The server brought the check and I used part of my gift card to pay and noticed I had been charge for TWO steaks!  We signaled him over and pointed out that this was an error and he took the check and gift card up to his manager then came back having taken the second steak charge off the check as well as another $10 off for all the issues on this visit.  Basically my part of the meal had cost $3 and change at this point.  go me.

*  I got the result of my sleep study back and the findings where that I no longer need the supplemental oxygen at night so no concentrator is needed.  Rah!  That's less medical bills in my future for DMEs.  Anybody need a broken oxygen concentrator? lol

*  I got $4 back in "post coupons" at R-A this week.  $2 for St. Joseph Aspirin and $2 for Nivea lotion when I forgot my qs at home.


*   I found money!

One whole penny at Weis in front of the CS desk.  I'm shocked I found no errant change in R-A this week!  At least I didn't get skunked for the week thanks to that lone penny at Weis(PMITA)Markets.

Total Found in last Week...... .01¢
Total Found This Year......$1.88


That's about all I've got for this week.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend and stay warm!  It's been snowing all day here.... 8-(


Sluggy  

7 comments:

  1. Ooh chewy steak. So happy you don't need oxygen any more, and I miss you dreadfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for not needing the oxygen any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you don't need the oxygen, and really glad you did not have to eat the gross steak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely have steak as regularly I get cuts like that. I stay in my boring lane. At least they treated you fairly for the nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you don't need the oxygen now. I have not had to use it but my husband did. Had the big concentrator in the house, a portable one and tanks at home for emergencies.

    I hate to say but I never order a steak when I go out for dinner, it is always a bad cut or they don't cook it well. Mind you I have never been to a high end steakhouse. I have always found that I can cook a better steak at home for a lot less money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thumbs down for the bad steak! :(
    Thumbs up for not needing the oxygen! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.